11

I tried to scream for him but the sound never left my lips "Marcellus I'll kill you" the man only smirked at him before speeding us out of the room. I whimpered coming up to a car in the middle of the woods, I kicked and thrashed in the man's arms and he growled annoyed with me. He grabbed my throat and squeezed more than tight enough to bruise "I will crush your throat right now only reason I don't is because I'd like to play with Klaus a little before I kill him. He let me go and I crumpled down on the floor my throat feeling like I tried to drink fire.

The man dragged me to the car throwing me in the back and getting in the front. I breathed in slowly trying not to have a panic attack in the back I didn't understand why no sound came out of my mouth when I tried to speak before but whatever it was I wouldn't be able to call for help until it wore off. I looked over at the phone in the cupholder trying to think of a way to get it without him noticing. He drove for a few hours until I spoke up "I have to go to the bathroom" he looked back at me and rolled his eyes "Fine there's a diner not far from here" he pulled over and walked me over to the bathroom and stood outside while I pretended to go.

When I came out I walked with him back to the car stopping at the passenger side "If you want to get in on that side fine but don't try anything stupid or I'll kill you now doppelganger" I nodded and got in quickly snatching the phone from it's spot before he got in after me. He started driving and I hid it under my thigh as we continued our journey to wherever he needed to go. As he drove my curiosity killed my cat and I asked "What did Klaus do to you" he looked over at me "Does it matter" I frowned rolling my eyes a little bit "Typical you entitled vampires all do the same shit. Kidnap and threaten people and then get all twitchy about telling them why. It's my life hanging in the balance! How bout that for a why?!" I don't really know why I was so suddenly irritated but I was and I wanted answers.

Guess I was just sick of not getting them "The place we're going is my home. The only place I've really ever known, my city, New Orleans. Now back in the day the Mikealsons helped build what that city is now. Klaus of course felt like he owned the place but he left. When he did I took over and since then the place has been my under dominion. Your doppelganger Katherine decided to pay me a visit and tell me all about the plans Mr. Mikealson is making to steal my city from me. Now, I have his weakness I can be sure my city stays mine" I scoffed shaking my head, honestly, are you kidding me, is this a joke?

"So you're telling me that Katherine sent you here under the impression Klaus was after you" he nodded "Yep" I shook my head "Wow. And I bet she wasn't shy about the hints of what Klaus' weakness was" he shook his head this time "No actually she never mentioned you. Did make it pretty clear though that word on the street was he had a mate. I don't think she expected it to be you" it lifted my spirits some to know that she wasn't after me specifically but she was gunning for Klaus. In another life I would've applauded her but now our lives are entwined far beyond some bond. Her trying to get him killed still doesn't sit well with me "He's not after you. I've been in the same house as Klaus for weeks now he's never mentioned you. An army of hybrids yes but you no" he frowned "That's funny. You're more naive than I thought, what do you think armies are for?" I paused thinking about it, it makes sense I mean I wouldn't put it past Klaus to try and grab his city back but why not say anything?

I mean he told me about his army never said what it was for. Why make an army of hybrids to take over a city of vampires? He's the Original Hybrid I doubt if he came alone he'd get a lot of blow back. Yet here I am about to die over this, what would an army do in this situation? I don't know "I can't tell you what it was for but he's not even focused on making his army anymore" he started laughing and shaking his head "How in the dark are you? I mean you've been in the same house as him for so long but you have no idea that Klaus has been turning werewolves into hybrids for months now" I frowned taking it in that doesn't make sense he... he told me he forgot all about that. Then again we spent a while away from each other. Not bothered by my presence he probably went off on the mission he had initially. I chuckled to myself feeling more dumb than I did before.