15

I woke up in Marcel's arms I could feel it I was getting more and more hollow by the minute. I jumped out of Marcel's arms and out the door. I ran until I couldn't breathe anymore I was in the middle of the woods but I knew he was here. I was looking around like a mad woman until I saw him. There was a wolf whimpering on the floor. I knelt next to him the bond buzzing weakly, Klaus. I looked him over seeing the veins on his body. He was dying, I pulled his head into my lap and he rubbed his face into me. I was angry at myself for this, and angry that the only way we could live was with each other. No matter what we wanted.

I could see him start to close his eyes and I shook him up "No you're not allowed to die on me. You don't get to leave me here alone. After all this you finally have me where you want me you're not allowed. Klaus! Please don't leave me. I'm sorry I'm so sorry" I cried watching him struggle to keep his eyes open. I gripped the wolf's fur and kissed his head. I backed as the wolf slowly and painfully shifted. Klaus lay there naked looking up at me. I pulled him in my arms crying harder "Its fine Elena. It's no more than I deserve. I'm sorry I failed to be everything you deserve and more" I shook my head and held his face in my hands. I could feel the bond on the edge of snapping, the link I took for granted was almost gone.

I kissed him "Please don't. I don't want to lose you, I should've listened to you. This is my fault Klaus I can fix it" he smiled a little and kissed me again "I love you Elena" I cried watching him fade even more "I love you too" he smiled wider and let out his last breathe before falling lifeless. I screamed out my body twisting in pain at him being gone. I held him close refusing to let him go. I did this. This is my fault. I should've listened to him. Why didn't I just say yes? I don't know how long went by when Elijah came up. He tried to pull me away from him and I refused to let him go. I wouldn't let go for anyone, I didn't wanna know what it felt like for him to be gone completely.

His life, his smirk, everything I didn't want to know how that felt. I couldn't bare it "Elena, my child let go, the bond is gone" I shook my head "No it's not I still feel it" I did, I felt an ache the same as before but it was there if it snapped truly I would be in shambles and dead right next to him. Esther frowned bending down next to his body. She touched and looked at me "He's dead. I don't know how to fix this. I'm sorry Elena" I didn't care if she could fix it, the light was leaving my eyes. It felt like my parents died again, this hurt more than any funeral I'd ever been to. I got up and walked away, my heart burned just looking at him.

I didn't leave my home, there was mo reason to. I didn't need to work and I didn't need to talk to anyone. There's no point. All of the worth those things have are nothing compared to him. It was weeks before they announced a funeral. I didn't get how he could be dead but the bond survive. It had to be alive or I would be dead too. Something was wrong but I wouldn't spend my life obsessing over it. I barely knew what I would spend my life doing anymore. Elijah and Esther stood by me the whole day. Other than me these two loved him the most. We looked at his casket in the cellar, he wore one of his better suits and I smiled a little thinking what he would be like if he were alive.

What would he say about how much his death means to us? He lived much of his life thinking no one loved him but he was so wrong. I loved him and I never told him until it was too late. I bit my lip so hard it bled trying to stop my tears. I watched them close the casket my heart skyrocketing "Wait let me say goodbye" Kol and Finn didn't argue stepping aside and letting me walk up to him. I placed my hand on his face giving him one last kiss before helping them close it. We stood there a moment just letting the finality of everything kick in. I felt like I was bleeding internally, my muscles burned and my insides were dying. I knew I was probably dying, I was wondering when it would begin. When I would feel it but I guess now was better than ever.

I moved my hand from the casket and followed everyone out. I didn't speak I didn't know what to say, how to make it look like I was ok. I figured out how to fake it when my parents died but I couldn't fake this. I was distraught and I couldn't for the life of me make it seem like I was ok. It was almost like I needed people to know. To know that I was in pieces. Marcel hugged me for the 1000th time apologizing for my loss for the millionth. It didn't matter. None of it did. Him loving me, me loving Klaus. It didn't work. None of it did. I was failing to see the point in any of it, why did I do this to myself? What was my goal? Did I want this? The pain and tightness in my chest swelled and I winced. This is what I wanted?