17

I stared off into space my thoughts consuming me. I had been on the same page of my book for the past two hours and I've been in the same headspace these past weeks. My secret was weighing heavy on me Esther was the only person who knew. I couldn't tell anyone, I was scared if I said something it'd ruin everything. My thoughts scattered feeling someone rub my leg "Are you gonna talk to me or continue not reading that book" Rebekah said watching me expectantly "I'm fine. There's nothing to talk about I'm just lost in thought about Klaus" I smiled and lied she rose an eyebrow at me. I pursed my lip and shifted in my seat a little under her gaze "I'm not daft I know the difference between you pining for my brother and you when you're worried" I opened my mouth to say something when Klaus walked in.

"Worried about what" I shook my head "Nothing Rebekah thinks me staring into space is something new and troubling" I said as calmly as possible, he chuckled sitting next to me "She does this all the time she's fine Bekah. But you should be grateful my sister does not extend such a courtesy to anyone. At least not any girl" she nodded and laughed a little "He's right you should count yourself lucky" I smiled and nodded as she walked out leaving us together. I let out a breath feeling the pressure of lying lift off my shoulders. I went back to reading my book pushing my thoughts in a box in my mind. 15 minutes had gone by before Klaus had finally stopped staring at me and spoke.

"What is it" he asked "Why lie to my sister? My sister's instincts are extremely precise there's not been a time when she's been off so what's wrong and why hide it" I inwardly rolled my eyes and shook my head "Its nothing" he gave me a look and I rummaged through my brain for anything, absolutely anything to say. He crossed his arms and gave me a look like talk or I'll find out myself. I quickly blocked him out and blurted out something "It's just... I don't know it's like everything is just so perfect right now. I can't help thinking about what Freya said. Just... when's the other shoe gonna drop for us" I said relief flooding me when his expression told me he bought. I let the wall down and listened to him assure me that nothing was gonna happen.

He had no idea what was coming, I needed to tell him but I didn't know how. Or whether or not it was even true. I stood up going to Esther's room where she sat looking through her spellbook. I could smell the sage burning in the room so I spoke freely "I'm freaking out! Are you sure what you saw was real? It's been a couple weeks and sure there's been signs but it can't be true. Why would Dahlia come anyway" she gave me a look and I took a deep breath trying not to explode. She closed the book and walked over to me rubbing my arms "It is not her you fear. It's him. You fear his past, the effect it's had on him" I shook my head "I'm not afraid of him. I just hate always feeling like someone's hunting me" she sighed walking past me and looking out the bay window.

"There are many people hunting you. At all times but now especially you know better than I that word spreads fast in the supernatural world. Aside from you and Niklaus' rise from dead there is much talk going around" I rubbed my temples the pressure increasing with every word she said. I was terrified of so many things that at this point it was impossible to know which was worse. How could this happen, its like I don't get a break. She turned to me and hugged me "I will protect you and my family to my very last breath. In the past I have had my chances to stand for my family and failed but I can assure you that will not be the case this time. I already have an idea of what could be done" I brightened a little at the mention of an idea.

Anything was better than waiting for an all powerful witch to just show up. She smiled and caressed my face with my thumb "Lay your worry to rest it is not good for you. Besides your main concern should be how you will inform Niklaus of the impending threat" I bit my lip looking away from her "You must tell him. He will not take kindly to finding out from anyone else or at any other time than the present" I nodded knowing she was right but how could I tell him I was putting his family in danger again. I've barely come to terms enough my affinity for being a magnet for psychopaths trying to either kill me or use me. In fact I've barely come to terms with being a mother at all.

"I know it seems scary but having my children was one of my greatest accomplishments" I smiled at her trying to take in her encouragement "Klaus will still love you the bond will allow no different" I nodded "I know my issue is whether or not he will tell me to get rid of it. I won't kill my baby for anyone not even him" she grabbed my hand and squeezed "If my son dare speak such words I'll desicate him myself" I laughed hugging her again she was the only person who I could trust to keep this quiet. The day she pulled me away from Klaus she'd told me about her reoccurring visions of her sister Dahlia. I thought nothing of it until I started throwing up and missing my period. 5 pregnancy tests and 6 spells later it official that I was pregnant and it was definitely Klaus'.

I couldn't even remotely fathom how this could happen. No doubt another doppelganger loop hole, or maybe a mate thing no one ever knew about. Whatever it was, it's happening and I have no idea how to handle it. I barely knew how to protect myself let alone another life. Currently I stood outside of my and Klaus' shared room pulling at my skin and rubbing my shoes against each other. I reached for the door only for it to open and Klaus to lean up against it. He crossed his arms and sighed "Finally decided to stop lying to me" I winced at his tone "What have you done? I feel it through the bond your guilt and your fear to speak. What is it?" I could only imagine what he's thinking right now. Funny thing is that what I was about to tell him was no where on the list in his mind. He stood waiting patiently only for to stand there like a fish out of water opening and closing my mouth. I didn't know how to say it without scaring more than I was already terrified.

I wouldn't be able to do this if he walked out on me. I would be in too much pain, he rolled his eyes and walked into the room grabbing his jacket. I knew where he was going to go and I grabbed his arm knowing that was the last thing I needed. He shook me off "What have you done" he yelled angry at me now I flinched but still no answer came "Answer!" I flinched again blurting it out "I'm pregnant" I said shutting my eyes and biting my lip hard. I was so terrified in that moment I knew I was visibly shaking. The silence of the room was so deafening I could barely register when he actually said something. He'd pulled at his hair sighing "Are you sure" I nodded looking at the floor, he didn't say anything again for a few moments before just leaving me in the doorway.

I tried to control my breathing tell myself positive things. That he hadn't expected it so he was taking some time to digest it and when he came back it would be fine. But even as I came up with it I knew it wasn't true, he didn't want this and it didn't matter what I said I doubt I would change his mind. I barely got him to admit to loving me, for me to ask for him to make the change from Original Hybrid to father... he wouldn't do it. Even if I believed that he could. He wouldn't. I knew him too well. I was beginning to come to the harsh reality that I was in this alone. I rushed in my room locking the door and sobbing. I didn't ask for this. But here I was weeping over my mate again. I was suddenly enveloped by two strong arms. I knew this person. Exactly what I needed.

I hugged back turning to cry into his shirt "Marcel he doesn't want it. He won't. I'm in this on my own. I can't be in this alone I have no idea what I'm doing" he rubbed my back listening to me talk my babble. He barely understood a thing about what I was saying but he would rub my back regardless. That's why he was my best friend "What's wrong? What doesn't he want?" he asked after a long pause "My baby. Our baby. I'm pregnant" as soon as the words left my lips I heard a squeal and felt Bekah crush me in a hug. I smiled knowing at least one person would be happy about this. Bekah put her hands on my stomach and smiled "A niece or nephew I'm so excited but do you look 1000 times less excited than me? Where's Nik?" I shrugged wiping my face, instantly her's darkened and she rushed out only one thing in mind.

"I'll kill him"