13

Marcel and I were in my room at his place talking about meaningless things again "I really think you should do some actual stories your writing is really good" I snatched my diary from him and rolled my eyes "You are insufferable. You read my diary and somehow wanna give me advice on life" he laughed "I'm just saying you've got the talent why not use it" I shrugged "I don't know I kinda gave up on all that stuff when my parents died and Stefan came around" he looked around my room as if he lost something and I watched him confused for a second.

"I don't see a Stefan around here do you?" I rolled my eyes "No but I see a grade A asshole for sure" he smiled and pushed me a little "Alright enough beating around the bush" I groaned "Oh no I had so many more other things I wanted to use to distract you" he smiled a little but it went back to a frown quickly "I'm serious Lena what are you gonna do about Klaus now that he's back? I saw him he's got that look in his eye, he's determined to have you back in his arms and he won't stop until he does" I shrugged not really knowing what to say, I found it hard to talk about him with Marcel.

"It's just that I finally started living and I love him and I probably always will but I don't want it to be like it was" he nodded a clear look of disappointment on his face "I get it but that's what he's fighting to prove to you right? That he's changed that he's different" I nodded absentmindedly "What do you think? You've known him longer than me do you think he's changed" he gave me a look and I laughed "I havent been around him long enough to see any real change but I do know he cares a lot about you. I've never seen him get so mad over anyone being close to someone he wants" I nodded again deep in my thoughts what do I do with this man I dont know what options I have.

I sighed laying my head on Marcel's shoulder "How are you so cool about all this" he frowned looking down at me "I know how you feel about me but you're still here giving me advice on how to deal with my ex. You should be convincing me to forget him and focus on you" he sighed "You don't need someone in your life telling you what side to choose you need someone telling you that whatever you choose it's going to be okay regardless. I like you a lot and yea I'd like to parade you around in Klaus' face and shower you with everything he never gave you but I know you still love him and in the end you'd go to him eventually. That's the thing about a bond, they're rare and strong for a reason" I listened to him talk and I found myself more in awe of him than before.

I was partially angry with myself for being this stuck over a man like Klaus when I had a man like Marcel literally willing to give me everything I ever wanted and more. I looked up at Marcel biting my lip, I should go for this, I should want this, this makes sense for me. My heart pounded his lips hovering over mine and my eyes connected with his and I knew then I had made up my mind. I would at least try this I owed to myself to at least try to see if we had anything before I overlooked him completely. Our lips met a fire spreading over me I pulled away abruptly the feeling making my eyes water slightly.

"I'm sorry I forgot" I shook my head "No it's my fault I wanted to do it" he handed me a vial and I looked at him confused "It's a potion I had it made for you it blocks the connection so that you can touch someone other than Klaus and not feel like you're melting for once" I looked at him smiling harder than ever, he did this for me "Don't drink too much all you need is a sip. The witch said if you drank too much you could destroy the connection altogether" I nodded keeping that in mind as I took a small sip, I could feel it take affect immediately. It was actually kind of lonely not to be able to feel his presence even when he wasn't in the room.

Then I looked at Marcel and I didn't feel it anymore suddenly the fire was back but a different kind. I grabbed him pulling him into a passionate kiss, our bodies hummed against each other as he pulled me into his lap. His running all over my body making me shiver when they slipped under my shirt, a breathless moan slipped from my lips and I knew then that Id started something. His kisses got hungrier and my body felt hotter buzzing under him as hed flipped us biting and sucking on my neck. I moaned again this time louder the sound only encouraging him more, that I felt more connected to him than I ever had. Yet secretly I shoved away the memories of Klaus and our first night together.

That afternoon, I woke up from a nap and was laying on his chest drawing small circles "Good morning babygirl" the name made my stomach flutter and I blushed furiously "Uh oh are we blushing" he said getting on top of me as I covered my face "No!" I said smiling and blushing harder "Ah come on don't be like that baby girl it's cute when you blush" I was beet red when he pulled my hands from my face and kissed my cheeks "What are we gonna do now? You know Klaus is probably gonna kill us both if he finds out" I shrugged "Ah but you said the magic word If­­­ .....if he finds out" he laughed and shook his head.

"Lena. Be serious you dont even know what you want right and to be honest I kinda feel like I took adavant..." I cut him off pulling him into another kiss "This is exactly what I needed M. I needed to know what being with someone else with the bond gone felt like again" he nodded "I know you Elena and I know the look you get when you're in love with someone and you still give him that look" I sighed "What if I wanna forget all that? What if I really want to be with you" I whispered unsure of his response "I'd say that I wanna be with you too. But... I can't. Not when you still love him" I pouted a little not wanting to hear that, I didn't want to be with Klaus I know that now.

"But I don't want to be with him" he kissed me softly "Maybe not now but who knows how you'll feel if you give him the chance to show you he's really different. I'll tell you what give Klaus 5 days to prove you wrong or right and in those 5 days we'll be our regular best friend like selves but after they are up tell me what you want and if its to be with me then I'll give you that but if it's to be with him you have to promise me you'll do what your heart says because I will be your best friend regardless and I know how much you love to do that sacrifice what I want for what I need thing" I sighed watching him sadness creeping into me, I didn't want to give Klaus 5 days, this bond is so strong.

I have no idea what it'll do to me in 5 days with Klaus, I don't want that for Marcel. When it comes to this bond I truly have little say "Take the vial. Drink it when you're around him so you can figure out your own thoughts and feelings not what the bond wants you to feel" I smiled kissing him again "Thank you so much for everything M. I don't know what I'd do without you" he smiled and laid on my chest falling asleep all over again, we'd stayed in bed until the serum wore off not wanting our moment to end. I did like Marcel and I was happy to know that without Klaus I could still actually manage to be happy.

But Marcel was right I needed to give Klaus a chance to make things right, because if down the road I end up regretting all this then what will I do. Klaus will most likely not want anything to do with me and the connection, I have no idea what would happen to it to us. I needed to be objective about this and give everything, not just Marcel, a chance. My phone buzzed a text from Klaus showing up. He wanted to meet me at the bar to talk. I slipped out of Marcel's arms and kissed his cheek before leaving. Ok, here we go giving the devil a chance to redeem himself.