Chapter 3

Enjoy reading 🤗

Maddie's POV
"Mom, dad thank God you finally came back . I was so worried of you" I felt relieved and hugged them .
I cooked breakfast for them and sent my baby to school. I couldn't talk with them that much because I have to go to work today.

"Good morning Bernice" I greeted the receptionist and went straight to my office. Later, I heard a knock at my door and asked the person to come in.
" Good morning Miss Williams" she said
"Morning Ella" I responded
"Please the CEO wants you to come to his office right now" she said
"Okay I will be there in a minute" I felt nervous . I dismissed her and continued wondering why he was looking for me. I know it's been three days since I came to the office. I prayed silently, hoping that he won't fire me.
I knocked and he told me to enter. I greeted him and waited for him to talk. He told me that I will be going to a meeting with him tomorrow, I asked why because he has a secretary but he told me that the client wants me there before he sign the contract. I said okay but I was wondering who was that. I hope the client is not some stupid jerk. I pull out of my thoughts and went back to my office to continue my work.

I called Mark to go and pick up Nate for me today too. I know my baby will mad at me because it's been two days since I personally went to his school and pick him up. I have a lot of work to do today and I will go home late. Thank God that my parents are back to take care of my son.

Ethan's POV
Today I told my sister that I will go and pick Hunter from school again. She was surprised and I told I feel bored at home. I went to the school and saw Nathan and Hunter playing. I stood there and kept starring at them especially Nathan. I can't believe this kid resembles me so much. I approached them and said hello to Nathan, he replied happily.
"Uncle, where is my mom?" Hunter asked worriedly
"She's busy"I replied him
"Don't worry, she will come and pick you up tomorrow"
"Nathan" I called
"Yes sir" he responded
"Can I call you Nate if you don't mine and also don't call me sir , just Ethan "I smiled and brush my hand through his hair.
"Ethan " he said smiling
I looked at him waiting for him to talk
" I told my mom about you and she was happy that you made me happy yesterday . Today my mom will come and pick up so let's please wait for her so that you can meet her" he said cheerfully
"Okay" I agreed
He and Hunter went back to play at field.
I heard someone calling Nate and realized it's the same guy who came to pick him up yesterday. He run come and asked him where his mom again. I intentionally eavesdropped to their conversation.
"Uncle Mark, is Mommy busy again " Nate asked
"Yes big boy" he answered him
"Uncle, do you know who my daddy is?" He requested
Suddenly his uncle facial expression changed. He asked him why and he said today Hunter told him that he has both parents , and his dad plays with him a lot. His uncle couldn't talk again but rather he picked him up and whispered something into his ears so he smiled.

I don't know why I care so much about this kid. Something pulled me towards him for the first time I saw him. I have to get information about this kid. Oh I forgot I didn't ask for his surname. I will ask him the next time I see him. I sent Hunter to his mother and went back to my penthouse.
"I miss you Maddie" I whispered to myself and can't wait to meet you tomorrow at the meeting. I intentionally asked her boss to come with her.

Maddie's POV

I went home late in the evening. I went straight to my baby's room to kiss him goodnight though I know he's sleeping at the moment. When I entered his room, he cried out and I hugged him. I asked him why he's not sleeping and he told me that he missed me. He looked unhappy and I asked him why but he didn't say anything. I helped him get back to sleep. I kept on thinking what's wrong with my baby. I will talk to him tomorrow. I went to my bedroom and slept.

"Beep beep beep" this alarm won't let me sleep. I woke and checked the time and it was 6 o'clock in the morning. I got up from bed and did my daily routines. I went to work and I was informed my boss was waiting for me so that we can leave for the meeting he was talking about. When we reached the restaurant I was surprised because I thought we were going to the person at his office or a hostel conference room. We sat down and waited for the client. In no time, the client entered and I realized it was Ethan. I stood there like a fool , I couldn't even speak.

Finally, they've met 😁

How was this chapter please let me know by commenting
Also don't forget to share, vote 🗳 and follow me🙈