<2> Cold as Ice

OG Team inside mountain - 3 years in the future
Normal POV

Earth's defenders. The Justice League. They had all come together and brought their sidekicks to one mountain to create the next greatest team. The Young Justice Team. The members were currently sitting on a couch, trying to get to know each other better.

There was Artemis, protege of Green Arrow. Wally West, nephew of The Flash. Miss Martian, Martian Manhunter niece. Superboy, clone of Superman. Kaldur'ahm, protege of Aquaman. And Robin, sidekick to Batman. Roy Harper, also known as Speedy, was supposed to be there too. But bailed after a while, "Not wanting to be on a team of sidekicks." Were his words.

So the heroes sat in a circle, just talking. Trying to get to know each other. Everyone, besides Wally, was curious about Robin. The boy who looked like a statue if you didn't see the breathing a blinking. But no one questioned it, believing it was just because he was protege of Batman.

"Sooooo, why or how did you guys become heroes?" Artemis ended up asking. Everyone stayed quiet, not wanting to go first. "Well I'm Green Arrows niece and are when I learned he was the Green Arrow he taught me archery. And such and such."

"That's a lie." Robin said bluntly. Everyone turned towards him. Artemis's face pure shock, and fear.

"Why was it a lie Robin?" Wally asked his friend. He knew ever since Robin changed he was very blunt. He was good at lying, but didn't very often. He also pointed out others lies. Which was sometimes helpful, but sometimes annoying.

"She's not actually Green Arrows niece." Robin finished. Everyone turned to Artemis wanting an answer.

Artemis looked scared, but took a deep breathe. "Fine, he's right I'm not GA's niece. Everyone in my family is a villain. Sportsmaster, Dad, Cheshire, Sister, and my mother used to be Huntress. Green Arrow found me and taught me about being a hero, so I- I did that instead." Artemis finished. Everyone looked shocked, except Robin of course. But they accepted Artemis anyway. If she was on this team, Batman had to have trusted her.

"Why don't you go next Rob?" Wally said. He knew they had to tell the team about Robin's emotions. There was no real way how, so he did it the Robin way. Bluntly.

"I don't have emotions." Robin said. Still stone faced as ever. Everyone looked confused so Wally elaborated.

"When he was younger he went through a traumatic experience. Which did something to the part of the brain which controls emotions. And it shut down, you could say. So he doesn't have emotions. It's useful a lot of the times, sometimes annoying. He can also be very blunt so don't get mad at him." Wally explained the best he could. The same thing was going through his head that was going through Batman's.

'Maybe they can make him smile.'

But everyone else was just shocked. How could a person not have emotions? None of them were doctors, but whatever happened to this kid must of been bad. For him to become a fleshy robot, anything could've happened.

      They put it to the side for the moment. But did not let it slip away. And continued talking. They stayed there for a couple of hours. Playing some games, eating, and watching some movies. Then all who did not live in the mountain left. Going to their designated homes.

Wally's POV

     I sped home after my new teams little meet and greet. They all seem decently cool. That archers no Roy, but she's fine. The clone is kind of like Robin, except he shows anger. TThat martians sweet, and the fish kid real cool. So yah my new teams pretty cool.

     Maybe they'll even be the reasons Dicks emotions come back. It's been 3/4 years since I've heard his laugh. 3 OR 4 YEARS! Even a smile I would take that. A frown, a single tear, even a sarcastic comment. I'd take anything at this point. And I'm sure Bruce is the same.

     When I got home to Barry's house I told him all about the team. Then went to my room to finish some homework then go to sleep. But I lay in my bed, thinking of all they ways I tried to make Dick smile. And all they ways I'm gonna try. I'm sure the team is thinking the same thing.

Dicks POV

     The meeting was fine. All the members are sufficient. Wally obviously likes the archer. But other than that it was normal

     They all reacted as I expected them too about my no emotions. I wonder if there going to try and and fix me like Bruce and Wally. Trying to get my emotions back. I truly see this as a good thing. I don't need emotions. I'm very good at undercover missions. I'm outstanding at lying. And emotions can get in the way of things, so being without them is useful.

     "How was the team Dick?" Bruce asked as I walked upstairs, no longer in my suit.

     "Fine." Was my simple reply. Bruce accepted it, as it was my normal answer.

     "Like any of them?" Bruce spoke again. This is how all days went. Bruce would ask me for every detail of my day. Trying to get some sort of emotion. I remember emotions, I miss them sometimes. Feeling happy, being able to feel love. But all the emotions I didn't like are gone, so that's good.

     "They are sufficient." I answered. I remember laughing, and making sarcastic comments. But I just can't make them anymore. I don't find things funny. Jokes fly over my head a lot. People avoid me at school, call me Robot Richard. I'm fine with that though, it means I don't have to listen to others laugh.

     Bruce nodded, almost sadly. Ever since my emotions left he portrayed his more openly. Attempting to trigger something in my head. If my emotions did I come back I don't know what I do. It'd be more weird and confusing then joyous.

     I can fake a smile, you know for when I go undercover. I don't have to for when I'm Richard though. People remember when I changed and when I went to the therapist. And whenever someone asks about me, Bruce explains. So it's public news. The media has even given me nicknames, like No show Richard, Robot boy, Cyborg, pretty much anything they can think of. But it doesn't impact me. It can't. Because I am No show Richard, and I'm ok with that.

1103 words

Hiya, I'm Supergirl406. And I have nothing to say. So good Day readers.