<3> Oh What a Mission

Normal POV

Today was the day of the teams first mission. It was simple. They were to sneak into a warehouse and get info on some drug deal that was going down in a couple of nights.

Batman had given the instructions to work as a team. Figure out each other's roles.

So the team went into M'gann's cool Bio-ship thingy and flew to their destination.

And this Time Skip is named Ben.

The team finally go to the warehouse. It was plain, nothing special. So the team made a simple stealth plan. There were to go into the rafters of the building, sit there and listen. Simple.

So when the team landed a mile away there plan was set into motion. They sat there watching the troops conversations. Waiting a moment to move.

"Miss Martian link us up." Aqualad whispered to team's telepath. She nodded putting her fingers to her temples.

"Mind link established. Everyone here?" Everyone said there 'here' and they started waiting again.

"Anyone got any ideas?" Wally asked, looking between his teammates. Then he noticed something. More like someone, well actually that this someone wasn't there anymore.

"Hey anyone see Robin?" Wally asked. Everyone looked to where their youngest member had previous been squatting down. They all looked around in the trees. But Robin was the best at hide and seek, so their search was fruitless.

M'gann tried to search around for his thought. But Robins mind was mostly quiet. He had robotic thoughts, so they were hard to find.

There only resource was Superboy. Robin may be able to keep a Martian out of his mind. But keeping his heartbeat silent was impossible. So Superboy heard him.

"He's nearby, I can hear his heartbeat. Can't place it though, he's moving." Wally groaned at what Superboy said. Robin did this sometimes. He'd leave without a word. Wally learned the hard way that you have to be able to see Robin to know where he is. Because if he thinks a move is smart he'll just do it.

"Robin, I know you can hear me. Could you at least tell us where you are and are going." Kid Flash sounded completely annoyed. It was almost a shock to the rest of the team. They assumed that Robin had done this before, and KF had been left alone. Hence the extreme annoyance.

     "I saw an opening to leave. So I left." Robin stated plainly. Kid Flash facepalmed, and the others sighed.

     "You could've told us you were leaving!" Kid mentally yelled. Everyone was slightly irritated at the boys actions.

     "What would be the point in me telling you I was leaving?" Robin asked. Everyone was exasperated at their emotionless members antics.

     "So WE could come with you! Were a team remember!?!" Kid Flash was beyond tired about this. Robin may not have emotions, but he understood simple things. But ever since he lost his emotions he didn't care about others feeling either.

     "I never wanted to be on a team." Robin said, "On a team I have to wait for you all. When I could simply do my job and get it over with. And I do not have to make sure you are all 'all right' I only have to watch myself." There was the teeny tiniest, absolutely faint, hint of annoyance in the mind link. They may have imagined it, but maybe they didn't. But that's wasn't important (well it was but not at this exact moment).

      "I'm near the building now. I shall-" There was a pause, as if Robin was sighing. "wait."

     So the team moved as quietly as possible. And they almost made it too. But when Robin was in sight. . . KF tripped. Alerting Every. Single. Guard.

     "Nice going Baywatch . . ." Artemis said aloud, pulling an arrow from its pouch. Aqualad grabbed his water swords, and Wally got into a running position. Robin stood straight, awaiting for the battle to begin. And then it did.

     Men from inside and around the warehouse came flooding around the group. Each holding a gun of some sort. The large group of men rushed the young heroes, which made it easier for the team.

Each hero took on a section of men. Fighting them off like practice dummies. Kid Flash just zipping past, and speed punching them all. Successfully knocking them unconscious. Aqualad having the same effectiveness, knocking down his targets without much effort. Robin was flipping over the men, bird-a-rangs and escrima sticks in hand. His straight face somehow becoming more straight.

After a short while, the battle was over. The team of young heroes coming out victorious. But they still had a mission, sort of. So they crept into the warehouse.

     The men, who were arguing about the deal, were aware of them and the fighting outside. So, they were both armed and waiting for when the teens cane inside.

     Kid Flash and Robin did the honors of taking them down. Robin ran towards them knocking one out with one punch, face neutral. Kid Flash doing the same to the other. The two grabbed them and identified them. Then called the police alerting them, of what had happened.

     The team was sitting in the bio-ship silently when Aqualad began to speak.

     "I believe we did very well as a team." He said warmly. Everyone, except Robin, smiled. They had done a good job.

     "All for Kaldur'ahm becoming leader." Wally spoke raising his hand. True he kind of wanted to be leader, but he knew that Kaldur would do the best job.

     M'gann was the first to second Wally. Then Artemis, then Connor. Wally nudged Robin, silently telling him to raise his hand. In all honesty, Robin could care less, but he raised his hand either way. Everyone ('cept Rob) cheered, Kaldur had a pleased, yet humble look on his face.

     "Well as my first action as team leader. I say we watch movies once we return to the mountain." Everyone agreed with the plan. Who would turn down movies. Well Robin tried to, not really caring to watch a screen. But Wally made him stay, along with Batman not allowing him to come home. So the whole team sat in the couch watch movies.

I think I'll call this time skip Cameron

     The team had watched a ton of movies. They'd watched a comedy, a horror, a romance, and a few Disney movies. The whole team besides Robin and Wally were asleep. Allowing the two friends to talk.

     "So Dick-" Wally cut himself off with a yawn. It was really early in the morning. "How do you like the team?"

     "Batman asked me the same question. I believe they are fine." Robin answered. When Dick was tired he pretty much just shut down. I mean, as he could go for days without sleep. But in a regular there is no crankiness from sleep deprivation or being woken up.

     Wally made a 'mmhm' sound, signaling he had heard the boy.

     "Why don't you just go to sleep Wally?" Dick asked Wally. It was obvious the older teen was struggling against sleep.

     "Well I wanted to-" Wally cut himself once again with another yawn. His head slowly moving to the head of the couch. Showing he too was about to be down for the count. "to talk to you. Since it seems like your never tired, but I am so Good Night." He continued. But with that Wally was out.

     Robin was going to correct him, saying that he did get tired. Then he noticed the periodic rising and falling coming from the speedsters chest. His response would've fallen on deaf ears, so he remained quiet.

     Now Dick may have been emotionless, but he had common sense. So he got up and went to a closet that was near the bedrooms and grabbed 5 blankets. He then walked back to his passes out teammates and gently placed a blanket over each of them. He shut off the tv and turned out the lights.

     Deck wasn't tired though so he decided to get some work done. He grabbed his computer and did whatever seemed fit. He did that until the tam woke up the next morning.