<9> Saving the Team

Normal POV

"Prepare for landing." M'gann announced.

The team had been sent on a mission from Batman to search an abandoned dock just a ways away from Gotham City. The dynamic duo could've handled it themselves, but Batsy had a mission with his team. So he sent the YJ to find out what was going on over there.

"Team 1 (Wally, Conner, Robin) will drop at point A in the far back of the area. And Team 2 (Artemis M'gann Kaldur) will drop at point B, near the waterfront." Aqualad announced. Team 1 was to jump from the ship as they hovered over their point. Team 2 would go to their point by ship then land.

Team 1 jumped from the ship, using parachutes or just making a large hole in the ground in Superboy's case. Team 2 landed the ship just a bit later. The two groups were to far for M'gann to keep up a mental link, so they communicated via earpiece.

"We have landed." Kaldur announced, Wally responding to him.

"Got it, so what are we supposed to be looking for again?" The Speedster questioned.

"Anything suspicious, Baywatch." Artemis sighed. There wasn't much to go by, all they got was that there had been sightings of some suspicious characters. Even Batman thought it was little to go on.

The two groups continued their search, and you know what? It was almost a good mission, so so close. But when do things ever actually go correctly?

Team 1 went into one of the warehouses near their drop point. All the ones they'd gone in were filled with nothingness and maybe a few rodents.

The group was about to leave when Robin heard a noise. "Someone is in here." He said blankly. Wally froze, along with Connor. Connor had heard a noise but put it off as just another rat.

The sound of someone dropping to the ground was heard behind the group.

"Awwwww Boy Blunder you ruined the surprise!" The voice whined. Wally froze again, but this time with fear. He knew that voice.

"Meet us at our coordinates." Robin said nonchalantly into the comms. Joker walked right up behind the bird, though Robin was completely unfazed.

Joker sighed, "Still no fun I see." The madman quickly perked back up though. "Also the other members of your team are going to be pretty useless." He laughed. And he was right, Robin was met with silence on the other end of the communication device.

"What'd you do with them?" Superboy asked through clenched teeth, fists already balled.

"Oh don't get your panties in a twist Superman Jr. they are merely sleeping." The Joker laughed again. The insane laugh made Kid Flash want to cower in fear, shivers went down Connor's spine, and Robin looked a little bored. 

Unbeknownst to the teen heroes, the warehouse was filling with a clear gas that was making their heads start to spin. It wasn't a big deal until Joker finally put on a gas mask after their brief conversation. He waved to them and smiled as they each collapsed.

Robin awoke on the hard dusty warehouse floor, exactly where he'd passed out. He sat up and looked around. The warehouse was empty, Connor and Wally we're gone. All that remained was a piece of paper in front of him.

Robin picked up the paper that had a note written by the one and only Joker.

Hiya Boy Blunder!

As you can see your little sidekick friends are gone. And if you want them back, you have to come and rescue them! Here's a hint, we're near the building Superman Jr. was made in ;)