<10> Once Emotionless Always Emotionless

"No."

Joker honestly looked surprised.

Wally was surprised too, why didn't Dick want his emotions back? The speedster and Batman had done so much to get the birds emotions back. But the bird didn't even want them.

Joker's face went into complete seriousness, a whole new look for the madman. "So- So your telling me you don't ever wanna laugh again? Or feel happy, or feel love? Or feel?"

Robin started the man in the eyes, "No." Joker was taken back, but quickly recomposed himself.

The clown cleared his throat, almost sheepishly. "Well to bad birdie, because your getting them back." He spat coldly, his creepily cheerful demeanor long forgotten.

"I'm aware you all remember Psimon." Joker said as the mental attacker stepped into view. Everyone ('cept Rob) glared at him.

Joker clapped, "Great your all aquatinted! Now let me explain my evil plan!"

The YJ team was stuck. Robin was strapped to a table; the others were locked in cages. But maybe they could escape while Joker went on and on about his venomous plan.

"Y'know actually!" Joker yelled. "I'm NOT gonna do that. Because those silly villains on TV always lose while they do their big speech. So let's get on with the show!"

And with a nod from the Joker, Psimon stepped forward. He looked straight at Robin before putting two fingers on the bird's temples.

"GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU SICK FREAK!" Wally started yelling at both the Joker and Psimon. Artemis and Connor were both yelling along with him.

But no matter what they did it was useless. Psimon was already working inside Robin's mind and the Joker was laughing.

And after a little while, Psimon stepped away. Leaving an extremely disheveled Robin strapped to a table.

Robin's mind was thinking a millions thoughts a second. And it was only adding to how overwhelmed he was right now.

The bird was scared, the bird was angry, he was sad, and he was happy. But as a main emotion at the moment, man was he terrified.

"Your welcome Boy Blunder!" Joker smiled as he stepped towards Robin. Robin tried his hardest to push his emotions away and make them go away again. But it didn't work, it didn't work.

"Y'know birdie. . ." Joker said as he turned around and pulled a small rolling table from who knows where towards the table Robin was strapped to. "When I learned I couldn't hurt you, I was pretty sad. It was impossible to get you to scream."

Joker pulled a knife from the table and smiled at it as if it were the love of his life as he twirled it around in his fingers. "But now I can! Isn't that great! I get to hear what it sounds like when a Robin sings!"

Joker looked towards the other Young Justice members as they stared at their youngest member. Each scared for him. "And you guys get a front row seat!" He cheered as he stabbed the knife into Robin's shoulder. Which produced the most blood curling scream anyone had ever heard.

Robin's POV

Joker stabbed me with his knife. And it felt like time slowed down, allowing me to savor one of the main reasons I didn't want my emotions back.

Pain.

Hot, stinging, you can't make it stop, pain.