<13> First Day Emotions

Normal POV

"Dick." Bruce said quietly, gently shaking his son's good shoulder.

Dick mumbled something and turned away from the person trying to wake him.

"You gotta wake up, chum." Bruce continued, pulling the covers off the boy. 

"Noooooooo." The boy groaned, scrunching his face up in displeasure.

Bruce sighed (but was somewhat amused at his son's desire to stay in bed) "Dick you slept through all of yesterday."

That got his attention. "What?" Dick groggily half-opened his eyes.

"Yeah, you woke up twice, mumbled non-sense, then went right back to sleep." Bruce chuckled. Dick groaned again, closing his eyes and turning away.

"Ok, Dickie, you gotta get up. At least for a some food?"

Dick looked over Bruce, a questioning look on his face. Then pouted, "Nope. Stayin' here."

'Just as stubborn.' Bruce thought, remembering the plain (mostly one-sides) arguments the two had-had.

"Can I ask why?" Bruce said, smiling.

"The bed is warm and comfortable. If I get out of the bed, I won't be warm and comfortable." Dick mumbled tiredly, slowly pulling the covers back over himself.

"Well how about you bring the cover with you to the kitchen?" Bruce suggested, pulling the covers off his son again.

"Nope." Dick said, pulling them right back.

"Well then, I guess I'll just have to carry you again." Bruce chuckled when Dick did nothing in retaliation.

Bruce easily wrapped a cover around Dick and picked him up. The avian wrapped his arms around Bruce's shoulders tightly.

The two made their way to the mountains kitchen (sunglasses placed on both of their faces). Unaware that the team was also in the living room.

When the Duo came in, the team quickly quieted their conversations and walked over to them.

Wally snorted at his friends appearance. Wrapped up like a burrito in a blanket and being held by Batman. "So you finally woke up, huh?"

"Nope." The bird mumbled, still half-asleep.

Bruce, now Batman, looked over at the kitchen, "I have to put you down, chum."

Dick looked up at him sadly, eyes starting to glass over. Bruce froze, he wasn't ready for Dick to cry over simply being put down.

"Wally take him." Bruce thrust Dick into Wally's arms, making the speedster stumble backwards and almost fall.

Wally looked down at the kid in his arms, "Alright . . ." He made his way back over to the couch and set the bird-burrito down next to him.

"So, Boy Wonder," Wally said, smirking. "How would you like to spend your first emotion filled day?"

"Sleeping." Dick yawned, finally starting to wake up. Wally groaned.

"But there's so much we could do! Well we can't do that much 'cause your still hurt, but there's still a lot! I mean we could sit around and watch comedies, orreallyanymovie.Orwecouldjust-

"Wally." Dick looked over at his friend who was 'speedster rambling'. Wally caught himself and smiled sheepishly.

"I do think a movie would be the best thing to do right now." Kaldur said, walking back over to the arm chair he was previously sitting in.

"I'm cool with it as long as it's nothing stupid." Artemis flopped down on a chair, sending a sharp look over at Wally.

"I don't really wanna do anything. . ." Dick trailed off, his voice quiet and almost shy.

Wally looked over at his friend in concern. But eventually realized what the Boy Wonder may be wanting to avoid. "It's alright, dude. We'll just watch a funny movie, or some TV, nothing can go wrong with a comedy. You'll love it, I'm 2000% certain!"

Dick stared Wally down, almost as if he was trying to pressure more info out of him on what could happen. But the avian eventually sighed and agreed to the movie.

"I chose Elf! As the movie of the day!" Wally declared, already putting the disk into the DVD player.

"It's not even Christmas ti-"

"Hush now, Artemis. It is always a good time to watch Elf." Dick cracked a small smile, hearing the two bicker was a little funny.

Wally sped back over to the couch, already having pressed play on the TV. The speedster saw the small smile the graced his friend's face and silently cheered.

The Dark Knight chose that moment to walk into the living room. 2 bowls in his hand.

He walked over to Dick (who had moved the blanket around himself so it was just on top of him) and put the bowl in front of his face. Dick looked up at Bruce, staring the man down as he did to Wally earlier, grabbing the bowl.

Bruce had went over to the kitchen's island, and was laying against it, lazily eating his bowl. "Just cereal." Dick watched Bruce eat for a second longer before picking up the spoon and eating.

'This is good!' After Dick's first slow bite, he was tearing through the bowl faster than Wally could! Dick remembered eating cereal, this bowl tasted the exact same as any other. But he never remembered liking it this much. 

Wally watched Dick devour half the bowl in under a minute, a shocked, panicked (and surprised) look on his face. Dick was the neat one, he didn't eat like this.

"Dude, slow down your gonna choke." Wally said, laughing a little as Dick made a small mess on the blanket without a care. 

Dick looked back over at Wally with a large, childish smile, "I like cereal." He said, quickly going back to the bowl, but eating slower. 

The Dark Knight cracked a small smile as he watch his bird enjoy himself. He had finished his breakfast and was making his way over to the zeta-tubes. He'd let Dick relax with his team, let him have some fun. 

Then he'd come back and let Alfred meet an emotion-filled, Robin. 

Its been like 2 months . . . I know a lot of you enjoy this story you tell me every chapter 😅! And I truly do love and appreciate you all. I'm so so sorry I was gone so long, I haven't been updating any of my stories recently, but I left this one the longest. So I apologize. 

But Hey! I plan on fluff galore in this story for a bit,  I hope you enjoy that! 

Again, sorry I was gone so long (Just some personal business, no biggie) But I'll be trying to update all of my stories soon. 

HAVE A STAR STELLAR DAY WEEK MONTH AND YEAR!