<7> Self Care

Normal POV

Wally had told his teammates all about how horribly awful Robin was when it came to self-care. The other YJ member did not expect him to be this bad.

"Robin it's been 2 days." Wally pleaded. But Robin refused to even acknowledge what the speedster was saying.

The team had been tasked to help deliver a package. They were to protect the package and the driver of the truck (He wasn't too important but it's hard to transport something without the driver).

But the drive was 48 hours long. The group stopped every once in a while for rest breaks and sleep. But they had to remain vigilant at all times, who knows when someone could attack. So Robin had taken it upon himself to stay awake and keep watch.

It wasn't hard, but tiredness wasn't technically an emotion. After some extensive research done by the author, it was found out. Robin could get tired, but the crabbiness that came with it never came to the emotionless avian. So staying awake for long periods was much easier for him.

"I am fine Wally, go to sleep." Robin said, his head falling forward only for him to pop it back up. Wally sighed, he had slept so he had energy to actually stay awake.

"Rob you still get tired. You still need sleep." Wally said softly. Robin didn't look towards him. "I can stay up for the rest of the night, get some rest." Wally continued. The talking had woken up the other YJ members and they watched the friends communicate.

"Go back to sleep, Wally." Robin slurred. Wally knew the bird would sleep soon, it was the only time his words ever slurred. The speedster gently started to push Robin down. The bird fought against him tiredly, but did not win.

While laying down Robin looked straight at Wally. "Go . . . Go back to sleep." The bird tried again to get back up, but Wally gently held him down.

"Go to sleep Robin." Wally said quietly. Robin didn't respond as his eyes closed and head rolled to the side. Wally held him down for a little while longer, to make sure he wasn't faking it. But soon let go and sat down with a sigh.

"What was that all about?" Artemis asked in a mind-link that excluded Robin. Wally only shook his head.

"Bad at self-care."

"But I thought he couldn't get tired?" Connor added. Wally thought about a way to explain it.

"Well getting tired and being exhausted are kind of different. When you think about being exhausted you think of being cranky and generally wanting to go to bed. That doesn't happen to Robin. But being tired and needing to go to sleep. Slurred words, nodding off, the can happen to him." The Speedster explained, everyone nodded.

Wally chuckled, "One time Batman had to tranquilize him because Robin wouldn't drop a case for sleep. He stayed up for 72 hours running on fumes and caffeine."

"You really weren't kidding when you said Robin was bad with self care." Kaldur added.

Wally smiled. "When it comes to Robin things are always blunt."

Short Chapter, buts it's better then nothing! An important chapter is coming soon, so be ready!