Chapter 1

"Dr. V, someone is outside waiting for you..." Tori, at the front desk, says through the intercom. We haven't had any appointments scheduled for today, or I could have just forgotten.

Clink,clink...the rain starts again. Outside the weather is sunny but it's raining. It's as if the bright, cheery sky needs to let out some frustration. The weather reflects my mood perfectly.

I straighten up, put my shiny, gray stethoscope around my neck.  I reach for the red button. "Tori, give me some information about the patient so I get get the correct file." I wait, wait and wait. Letting out a groan, I reach to the button again. Before I can do anything, I hear muffled giggles coming through the intercom, then everything goes silent.

"Um.... Dr. V are you still there?" Tori sounds out of breath.

"Yes, Tori. If you hurry and explain then you can get off earlier." I hear a gasp then a squeal..

"Yay! Okay, here is what I found, the patient is a boy. He's a huge flirt and he's hot. Do you see these dreamy eyes?" She squeals again then sighs.

"Tori!" I say sharply. "Tell me his name, what's wrong with him, and his symptoms. Not how hot he looks."  She's taken aback from my harsh tone.

"Okay, don't tell me I didn't warn you."

 I grunt, giving her a signal to hurry up. She takes the hint. Giggling, she says, "Well the hottie's name is Stefan. He sauntered into the office, came up to me, and said, 'Get me a doctor stat.' I asked him what wrong and he just glared at me and sat in the farthest seat from me in the waiting room." At the end of her huge speech, she takes in a gulp of air.

"Okay, so all he said was that he needs a doctor?'' What the heck? Who the hell is this guy? He comes in demanding for a doctor, and complains of no symptoms! How am I supposed to treat him? ''Okay, send him into room 332 and tell him I'll be there shortly. Oh, Tori, do a quick evaluation on him, too." 

"Okay, I'll start a new file for him." She moves the end piece of the phone, making her voice all blotchy.  I hear her say, "Sir, today is your lucky day. A doctor is in today and is willing to look at you. If you allow me, I will direct you to the room." Jesus, Tori. I roll my eyes, she can't stop herself from flirting with a hot guy.

My end of the receiver dies with a "beep, beep, beep".  I get up and fetch my lab coat from the nearby rack, I pass by the mirror, Oh God!  I went and got a hair tie from my desk. Passing by the mirror once more, I see that my unruly brown locks are out of my face in a loose ponytail and I look somewhat professional. Passing by the filing room, I snatch a pair of gloves and a thermometer.

As I walk out of the filing room, I nearly trip over Tori.  She is one of the nurses that work at Markus Private Clinic with me. I met her on the first day of my job.  She came up gave me a kiss and hug, she then went on to tell me that I'm going to rock this.  Confused, my first instinct was to get away from her.  But now I can't imagine life without her, she's one of my best friend whom I keep close to my heart. Tori is a twenty-five year old, five feet tall beauty and she has a goofy personality. Today she has on teddy bear scrubs, and her raven black hair cascades over shoulders. Looking into her dilated sapphire eyes, I see fear. -- Quality line

"Oh my god, Tori! Are you okay? You seem a bit scared!" I take ahold of her petite shoulders and give her a tiny shake. She opens and closes her mouth multiple times.

She slightly whispers, "Be careful, that hottie is severely feisty. Also give him a heads up before you touch him." She gives her head a violent shake.

Not satisfied with her answer, I take a quick examination of her body. She doesn't seem hurt in any way. "Did he touch you?" Something pass through her sapphire eyes, something which I can't pinpoint. It looked like something between curiosity and hurt.

Her eyes casts down to the ground. "No, he didn't do anything. I think he has a problem with being touched. So basically I went to check his heartbeat, in the process I touched is chest. He didn't like that. In the snap of a finger he went to other side of the room and starts to snarl at me." She looks up at me, "I don't think I was ever this embarrassed in my life before."

"Oh, Tori !" I giggle. Irritation flashes along her flawless features. "I don't think he like you."

"I know!" No one rejects Tori. Ever. Even though she's petetie, she's one hell of a women. A soft smile replaces the frown on her face. "V, go to the physco. God knows what he does when he gets impatient." Her eyes shine with laughter, "Go suffer his wrath!"