Chapter 2

Could this man be as daunting as Tori explains to be? I wait outside of room 332 for a few seconds. Preparing myself with a few deep breaths, I open the frosted glass door.

Standing in front me was the one and only Stefan Russo.  He's staring angrily at his phone. When he didn't noticing me, I took the opportunity to ogle him. Lord help me!  This man is a pure god. Tori was so right, nothing could have prepared me for this hottie.

A thick neck lead my eyes to perfection. His razor sharp jaw line is darkened by a shadowing of dark hair on his cheeks, chin and upper lip. The angular cheekbones gives him a serious aura. He has a straight tan nose until the very end, where it's crooked. Finally, finally-I reach his eyes. I have never seen anyone with eyes this color before. Stefan has emerald eyes with a golden, blue fleck along the outskirts of his irises. His eyebrows are drawn in as if he's deep in thought. The brown curls on top of his head, falls across his forehead. My finger itches to brush the soft, smooth locks aside. After scrutinizing his face, I take all of him in. Stefen is lean but lethal, his body gives off a dangerous vibe.

I clear my throat needing to get this appointment moving along, or I might do something which I might regret. With no doubt I'm attracted to, I have no clue if it's hotness or vibe. I shake my head trying to clear my thoughts. I clear my throat,it took him a moment to acknowledge my presence. He slips his phone into his gray slacks and looks me up and down.

"You gotta be kidding me!" Stefans voice is a deep, rich tone. I don't know, call me stupid, but his voice reminds of chocolate. "You can't be a doctor." What?  His face goes livid with fury.

"Excuse me? What do you mean? I'm a certified doctor!" I look at him, his eyes are glued to the stitched name on my lab coat.

"Dr. Vanessa Luther", Stefans spits outs. His tone of voice is infuriating. All my attraction toward him dissolves like water outside on a hot day.

"Well Mr...." I clear my throat, I look down to his file. "Well, Mr.Russo. I am your doctor today. So if you can tell me why you're here, I can assist you." Stefan's eyebrows are drawn up and he  has a smirk plastered to his face.

"Aren't you a little hottie." He shoves his arm out toward me, "I have arm pain." He takes my hand and gently guides me to the source of pain. Well definitely the muscle is hard...Vanessa!!!! ... and definitely severely bruised up. I could also tell he pulled a muscle, most probably his Brachialis.  I gently push down were the muscle is located, he grimines and immediately his arm is at his side. "That's exactly where it hurts, when you pushed down, it felt like someone was slicing my skin multiple times."

I take a good look at him, he is a great actor. He must be in a tremendous amount of pain but he's not showing it. "I'm pretty sure you tore the muscle, Brachialis, in your upper arm. Let me take the regulars: temperature, B.P., and heart rate then I'll prescribe you something." I move closer to the cushioned bench, until my knees are touching the edge of the bench. Lifting the themeotrer to his mouth I say, "Open."

Some emotion flickers across his beautiful face, it off his face before I could decipher it. "No!" he basically growls . Grabbing the thermometer, he shoves under his tongue.

 Um...Weirdo. Turning back toward the back toward him with the B.P. cuff, I say, "Mr. Russo, you do you." Immediately when I face him, a thermometer is shoved at my face. Giving him a glare, I glance at the bright green number, normal. 

Immediately Stefan used this time to try putting on the cuff. "Mr.Russ-"

"Do not call me by my last name, call me Stefan." While opening my mouth to ask why, he gives me a look, "And don't ask why." Darn it!! Stefan gazes into my eyes, it feels like he can see right through all the walls I put. Who the hell are you? My eyes ask him. Looking away from those emerald eyes, I break the trance he has on me. 

"Well..Stefan", emphasizing the Stefan,"let me do that for you."Most probably my eyes are playing tricks on me because I saw a small smile play along his lips. Agin, as fast it came, it left even faster.

I have control of the rest of the appointment. Emerald eyes asses me as I check him for any irregular signs.

"Mr.Russ- I mean Stefan, can you roll up your sleeve so I can have a better look?" He showed no sign of hearing me, he just stared at me. I clear my throat which is suddenly unpleasantly dry, I ask again, but no response. Feeling like taunting him, I place my hands on my hips, "Well, do even want me to look at it, cause it looks like you have no pain."

A genuine smile breaks the hardness along his face and softness it. I stand there, staring, wow you should smile more....you look cute. In an instance he went from dark and scary to bright and welcoming. His emerald eyes brighten up, making the gold and blue flecks stand out more. my gaze travels to his straight pearly white teeth. Knowing where I'm looking, his lips form a cocky grin. 

"Well, well. Look who's checking me out." Stefan's voice comes out very husky. I pretty sure my face looks like a beetroot. God damn he's throwing you over edge, get your head in the right place V...

 I open my mouth to say some witty comment back to him, my mouth suddenly feels like sandpaper. He elegantly hops off the medical bed and slowly makes his way toward me. Walking slowly as if he's a predator hunting his prey. The cocky grin is still embedded on his face, I want to slap it off!!! As he gets closer, I walk backwards. Trying to get away from him, I start to panic. My back hits something hard and cold, something jagged pierces through my back. he's still walking toward me, his eyes skim over my face then take in my potion. I'm standing as far away from him as possible, I curse myself. Vanessa! He's just hot, he's not going to be your future husband. Get a grip!!! 

Stefan lifts an eyebrow, on of his thick, full eyebrows. He see's how fearful I am, even though I try my best to hide it. The cocky grin slips off his face , it replaced with a frown. He walks a bit closer, I couldn't find my voice. Get away from me!! I reach behind me thinking I'll find something to defend myself. I feel around, my hand glides over cool, hard glass. Then I find the edge of the granite counter and grip it with all my might. 

Stefan stops a two inches in front of me, "Don't be afraid."The deep frown seem to get even deeper if that's even possible. Hi green eyes sustain a painful gaze on me.

"I-I-I'm n-not afia-d-d of you!" I hate how I stuttered. He knows I won't move one bit, he grabs me by the arms. My head snaps up to look at him. Shots of electricity shoots through his fingers, my skin all over starts to raise with goosebumps and tingle.  I want to lean closer to the radiating warmth he provides, but I suppress the urge. Stefan strong, callused hands gently bring by hands back to my side. As soon as he lets me go, I feel a loss of warmth.

His tantalizing eyes capture mine, "Don't' be afraid of me," His voice comes out a bit deeper than usual, "I won't do anything to you." A small sarcastic smile comes across his face,"I do feel the pain but I am good at hiding my pain and shielding my feelings." He gazes into my hazel eyes, his doe like eyes hold a sad frown. They beg for me to do something. Without thinking, I grab the hem of his black shirt and close the last few inches between us. My small arms slide along his waist and hold him in a comforting hug. Stefan instantly siffens, but as if all the fight drains out of him, he relax and he wraps his strong, powerful arms securely around me. I hold him for what feels like a few minutes, then my mind catches up with my body.

DIsgusted with myself, I rip myself off him. Vanessa how could you do that, he's your rude patient!!! Awkwardly I say," Um..." I find myself walking out of his warm embrace and turning to walk across the room, putting at least 3 feet of space between us. His duanting gaze gaze follows me. When I finally look up, his eyes hold satisfaction and amusement. It's as if he wanted me to react some way, like a test. He holds my gaze for a few more seconds and walks out the examination room. 

I run after him, where the hell does he think he's going? I haven't given a prescription so he can take something for the pain. I see him walking down the stairs as if his life depends on it. "Wait, come back!" I scream multiple times. I chase him out onto the street. I stand in the scorching sun, searching. I find him, one second he's smiling toward me and then the next he disappears. I just stand dumbstruck on the crowded sidewalk. My feet being superglued to the cement slabs under me, I couldn't move. Finally some man pushes me, "Move it, lady!" FInally heaving a sigh, I go back inside.

My mind couldn't concentrate, all I saw was those green eyes, taunting my every move.