CHAPTER 4 | Rings

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 4 | Rings

Elaina's POV

I stared at my ceiling, thinking about the past events that happened with Malfoy. I was still mad at him for everything that he did yesterday. And wasn't even considering apologizing to him, for calling him a Death Eater, in front of everybody.

A knock came from my door already knowing it was my mom, with a low groan I yelled out, "Come in."

And sure enough my mom came through the door and sat at the edge of my bed. Rubbing my eyes I sat up in my bed, "Elaina I need you to understand that this whole arrangement is for your own good."

I scoffed, "Yeah right for my own good, because an arranged marriage is what every girl dreams of." I voiced our sarcastically.

"Elaina this is something the Malfoy's and your father and I agreed on, please just let me explain. This is to help the Malfoy's out, and with doing that they'll help us out, this is to show the world that a Slytherin and a Gryffindor, can get along with each other in a relationship, please Elaina your father and I have never asked you for anything, but this is the only time we will ask something of you. Please do this for us, at least try." My mother said, trying to get me to understand.

"But mom, an arranged marriage, you know we hate each other, this isn't something you can fix with marriage." I said, trying not to shout.

"Please Elaina just try, for us. When you're in public just act like you don't loathe each other, try to act like you're in love with one another, and please try to get along with one another." She said in a desperate voice.

I signed in defeat, I knew this arranged marriage would never work out, but I would at least try for my parents.

"I'll only try for you guys, but this doesn't mean it will change the way I think or feel about Malfoy. I'll only act like I'm okay with this whole arrangement in public."

"Thank you, and I need to tell you that I invited your friends to the wedding, which will be in the middle of September." She clapped her hands together, her eyes brimming with light.

Great, just a week and a half till I'm married to bloody Malfoy, and all my friends will be there to see me marry our enemy, I'll be nothing but a disappointment to them.

"Do they know about the arrangement?" I said trying not to lash out at my mother.

"Yes...they know." She said softly.

At least they know that it wasn't by choice.

"Okay, well what about getting the wedding ready and planning everything else." I said

"Oh, don't worry about that dear, I have everything sorted out, just worry about getting ready on your wedding day, I already have your dress and everything else, the only thing missing is the rings, which reminds me, Narcissa will try to convince Draco today to get the rings for both of you for your wedding." She said, her mouth blowing into a wide grin.

I nodded, just trying to go along with it all, I didn't even want to begin to tell my mother about what happened yesterday, with me and Malfoy at the Three Broomsticks. She'll only freak out and scold me.

She then got up from my bed and left the room, as if everything was perfectly okay with the arrangement between me and Malfoy. I groaned in frustration I didn't want to marry him knowing that deep down we'll always bicker and yell at each other, nothing good will ever come out of this,

I glared at my door as I heard my mother's footsteps go down the stairs, a promise brewing in my lips, Malfoy and I will always be at each other's throat, just mark my words mother.