Chapter 50 | Imperio

A/N

Welcome to the final chapter of MTAM, before the Epilogue. Thank you to everyone who has been waiting for this chapter patiently and allowed me to update this when I was finally ready.

But before we get onto the chapter please answer the question below.👇🏻

How did you find my book?

Through a friend?
Through a family member?
Through Social Media?
Through browsing?
Through recommendation?
Other...?

- AILEEN -

_______

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 50 | Imperio

Elaina's POV

War had always been a part of our lives. It was the one thing that reminded us of the life we were flighting for. But as I lay here on the ground watching the life get sucked out of me, I wondered for the first time if it was even worth it.

Because at the end, death was the only one to greet you.

˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚

5 hours Earlier

The first explosion wasn't the one that woke me up. Nor was it the second one.

At first I didn't understand what was happening. My head throbbed behind my eyelids the taste of cement mixed with blood, being the first sense to hit me. As the sound of a chain snapping filled the room.

My body too tired to open my eyes, only wanting to submit to the heavy silence that followed me with sleep.

I was tired.

And I wanted nothing more than this to end.

But as soon as chuckle filled the room, my body went on alert. The sound of a chain filtering through the room, echoed across the prison walls. The smell of liquor heavy with ever word.

"I don't know how they managed to find you, but I will not surrender you."

My eyes cracked open, biting back a groan, I didn't allow the sudden pain to etch across my face.

He smiled.

But this time there was uncertainty, as if something was truly bothering him this time.

I let out a bloodied cough. "Let me guess, Draco finally found me?"

He chuckled, grasping my chin he forced my face to come closer to his. His eye bright with fury. As if the very sight of me repulsed him.

"Draco? Are you still thinking about him?" He let out a breath, "He won't be the one to find you, something much worse will."

I pried my mouth open, letting out another cough, I could barley let the words come out. The crucio curse still coursing through my body.