CHAPTER 25 | Hogwarts Part IV

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 25 | Hogwarts Part IV

Elaina's POV

The wind rushed past my face furiously, locks of hair fell from my ponytail hitting against my eyes. The sunlight coated my skin, engulfing me in warmth at once.

I smiled, loving the warmth of spring, my robes rustled behind me, the number 2 plastered behind my back. The crowd cheered, yelling our house name, voices filled the stadium making goosebumps rise against my skin.

I waved, gripping my broomstick between my gloves fingers, my eyes searched the crowd for the golden snitch, flying around the sky. 

I squinted my eyes, moving my broomstick to go up, the snitch went into my line of view. I smirked, moving forward the golden snitch stood a couple feet before me.

It mocked me, going from side to side it's tiny wings fluttering at a high speed. I growled, my fingers clenched the wooden stick, my knuckles turned white from the force.

A laugh sounded through the air, turning my head Malfoy stood before me, his eyes fixated on the snitch lying before me.

"What's the matter Chase, having a little trouble." He sneered.

My eyes turned to slits, not caring at the moment that everyone was looking at us. He smirked, his gray eyes swirled with mischief, at that moment I knew that this was more than just a game, this was war.

Within seconds we both zoomed forward the snitch flew up, noticing our presence. I clenched my jaw, moving up the wind blew past my face, the snitch lying between the clouds.

Malfoy stood beside me his hand outstretched to reach the snitch, I glared at him outstretching my hand, the snitch stood in between us.

Pain shoot through my arm as I forced my arm to stretch even more, practically leaning my body off the broomstick. I knew I had a high chance of plunging to my death.

The cheers grew louder as they saw us race against one another, I fixated my eyes on the snitch, the cheers growing distant as I flew further away from them.

My heart beat furiously against my chest, my eyes glued to the snitch, it buzzed through the air hiding behind the clouds.

I gripped the broomstick annoyance pumped through my veins. My eyes searched for the snitch, when out of no where it shot out through the air, plunging back down. Malfoy snarled glaring into my eyes, I scowled his way.

No missing another second in union we dived down together, the wind hitting against my face, my hand shot out to grab the snitch.

The crowd when wild, people stood from their seats cheering for one of us to grab the last item. Gryffindor and Slytherin glared at one another as they shouted for their comrades to win. I fixated my eyes on the snitch as everything around me seemed to blur away.

Malfoy stayed at my side, his platinum blond hair rustled through the wind, his eyes stayed on the snitch the whole time.

The snitch moved towards the left of the field, missing the ground by mere seconds. I dodged my teammates easily as I followed the snitch. keeping my hand out, I forced my body to lean off the broomstick even more as the snitch headed towards one of the stands.

Gasps filled the crowd as I paticially leaned of the broomstick, my feet remained on the stick, my legs wobbled as I tried to steady my stand the stand grew bigger as I neared it each second. walking towards the end of the stick the snitch buzzed before me as I curled my fingers around it.