CHAPTER 12 | Anger Issues

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 12 | Anger Issues

Elaina's POV

The hotel suite appeared in front of me, the number of the room flashing in bold silver metal. Taking in a deep breath, I gently opened the door, the silver door knob feeling cool against my touch.

Walking into the living room, I took a step forward about to walk into the room, when a sudden voice stopped me. I jumped, stuffing my hand over my mouth to stifle a scream, I clutched my chest as I turned around.

Malfoy sat there on the couch, his pale finger clutching a grey binding book, he flipped through the pages carelessly. His black watch glinted against the light, the veins in his forearms popping by his black button down shirt, with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He wore a pair of black jeans to top it all off.

I steadied my breathing, my mouth slightly agape"You're back." I mumbled.

"I got back a while ago." he replied, his voice laced with coldness, not sparing me a single glance.

The air thickened around us as the atmosphere shifted into pure tension, I turned away looking out of the balcony at the view of the beach, "I didn't know when you'd get back so I got some errands done."

He didn't reply as he continued to flip through the book, only making a spark of irritation grow in my body.

"Is something wrong." I said, bitterly.

"Everything's just fine Chase." He replied, venom dripping from every syllable.

I signed, rubbing my hands over my face frustrated, "Malfoy look, I know this relationship will never work out, but I want to try to make the best of it for both of our sakes."

His silver eyes finally shot up to mine, his book now resting on the coffee table, "Why what's the point, it's not like it'll work out anyways."

"I know that, but at least for our parents." I practically begged.

"Our parents don't care about how we feel about each other, they're just using us for their own needs." He snarled, standing up to his full height, he hovered over me.

"Well we have to try Malfoy, plus you know we have to act like we care about each other in public." I retorted fiercely, taking a step his way.

"Yeah in public, but that doesn't mean I'm going to act like that when we're outside of publicity." He replied back sternly, his words cutting deep into my chest.

"Fine! We don't have to act like that when we're outside of publicity, but please try your best when we're in public." I said, the frustration in my body only growing each second.

"Look I don't understand why you care so much, we can pretend and fool everyone but at the end of the day, nothing will change between you and I!"

My hands clenched into fists, "Don't you think I know that, we're always going to be miserable with each other but the least we can do is try!" I retorted, my voice now booming across the room.

"Chase let's get this straight once and for all!" he stepped over to me, his chest rising in anger. "We're complete opposites, and you'll never be a good enough Malfoy. We're only married because of our last names."

My heart clenched in pain, taking a step back "Don't you think I know that.'' I added miserably.

He only stared at me, his jaw clench in anger, his silver-grey eyes blazing with a fire so deep. I turned my back to him, clutching the strap of my back, my voice came out soft as the fire in me started to dim. Tears pricked against my eyes, I quickly blinked them away, "I don't even know why I tried to reason with you." I mumbled.

I walked away, rushing to the room to get away from him, his cold voice stopped me, a deep pain hidden inside.

"Our parents don't give a damn about us Chase, they only care about themselves."

I only shook my head sadly as I finally walked away.

From the pain.

The sadness.

The misery.

Even if it was only for a short while.

˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚

The rest of the days flew by, Malfoy and I avoided each other like the plague, getting our things done separately. We would both go out getting our errands done apart from one another, and avoided all interaction with the paparazzi.

It was hard, but at the end it was worth it. I continued to try to keep my sanity throughout the trip and started mentally preparing myself for living with Malfoy under the same roof. For who knows how long.

I even imagined what would happen if one of us just 'disappears' to an island and says it was for a trip on work, and the person just stays there for a good couple months. If we ever need a break, we could just use that excuse.

But I blew it off since my parents would probably track me down to see if I'm telling the truth.

So I continued on like if I was okay, i contacted my friends to check up on how things were and i even told them about Adam. They were all surprised and happy that I finally got to talk to him after eight long years.

I waved it off, saying it was nothing. Making sure I called them every other day, and texted them they hung up going back to their lives. I signed rubbing a hand tiredly though my hair, the clock ticked beside me reminding me today was the last day in Miami for our honeymoon.

I hauled my bags to the living room, Malfoy stood there in a pair of black jeans and black hoodie, with his hood pulled over his face as he stared at the ground. His hands deep into his pockets.

How depressing.

He turned my way silently offering me his pale hand, I hesitantly took it shocked by how smooth his hand felt against mine. My fingers curled around his hand, as I took one last look at my surroundings. I promised myself I would return one day alone.

Without a second thought, Malfoy nodded my way, the first sign of acknowledgement since the fight. He quickly apparated us away with a loud crack.

The next step in marriage hitting us forcibly.

______

A/N

I finally edited chapter 12, hope you guys enjoyed it!

Question: Favorite clothes style?

OTHER WORKS:

- Love Intertwines

PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND SHARE.

Thank you,

- Aileen J