CHAPTER 8 | Rita Skeeter

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 8 | Rita Skeeter

Elaina's POV

A tap filled the room making me groan in tiredness, I rolled over stuffing my face in the pillow as I tried to go back to sleep. Seconds passed and the tapping eased as I started to fall into the darkness again.

Tap.

Tap.

Tap.

I released a frustrated groan lifting my head up. I tried to see what all the commotion was. A snowy white owl stood outside my window with a letter tied to it's foot. Running my hand through my now frizzy hair, I got up stifling a loud yawn.

I opened the window, the owl flew in perching on the nightstand as it gave me hoot. I sighed, untying the letter, I tossed a treat it's way. Taking it in greedily he gave me one last hoot as it flew away.

I untied the letter when something took my attention. Malfoy was sleeping on the couch, his book laid over his stomach with his face turned away from me. As platinum blond locks fell over his eyes.

"He should've been the one that woke up," I muttered, angirly under my breath as I tied my hair up into a ponytail. I grabbed the letter walking over to the kitchen.

Hoping some tea would help me wake up.

I set the letter down on the kitchen island, as I began to boil some water. I pulled out a glass cup from the cabinet as I sat up on the kitchen island, rubbing my eyes to help me stay awake.

Looking to the side the clock read 10am. My eyes widened in disbelief, usually I would wake uo an hour or two earlier, to do errands. The water started to boil pulling me out of my trance. I poured it into my cup dropping the tea bag in, the golden pigment filling up the water, giving it a honey sent.

I took a nice sip as I began to unroll the letter, reading the headline. My eyes widened in horror as i started to choke on my tea, my cup came crashing to the floor the carpet soaking up the tea in a n instant

But that was the least of my problems, as I regained my breathing I hastily read the letter. Goosebumps began to prickle my skin like needles, knowing that my skin was probably a sickly pale color.

Elaina Chase Married Draco Malfoy Ex-Death Eater

As of yesterday Elaina Chase married Ex-Death Eater Draco Malfoy. That's right the woman that was such an inspiration to millions of girls around the world, has suddenly gone insane. Who would've thought that our famous Auror, and one of the many brightest witches in the WizardingWorld, would finally settle down, but only to ruin her reputation. From a young age Elaina has proven herself to be worthy of something more, something bigger. And the question that's been bugging us all is: why?

Over the years she has proven highly, rising herself to the highest level in our WizardingWorld, but she destroyed all that with a single 'I do'. What if there's more to her than we truly know, what if there's something deeper to their relationship than meets the eye.

Her friends and family were all seen attending the wedding, even the famous Auror Harry Potter himself. The event was filled with students from Hogwarts Slytherin and Gryffindors, as they watched their classmates get married in the Chase Manor. If they're all willing to watch this happen then who else knows what they're willing to happen. After all Elaina Malfoy could be carrying the next heir to the Malfoy bloodline for all we know.

I mean, who knows what else she could be hiding in that manor of hers, time will only tell.

(Find out more about their marriage on pages 10-14)