CHAPTER 2 | Why?

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 02 | Why?

Elaina's POV

My red dress clung to my body, as my brunette hair bounced down my back, reaching past my waist. As I observed my final look one last time.

"Elaina hurry up dear we're going to be late." My mother's voice rang from downstairs.

"Coming mum." I yelled loud enough so she could hear me.

I looked myself in the mirror one last time, grabbing my wand from the nightstand I shoved it inside my dress pocket, I hurriedly went downstairs and grabbed onto my mom and dad's hand, as we quickly apparated in front of the Malfoy manor.

You can do this relax, it's only dinner with the Malfoy's, besides how bad can it be.

The Malfoy manor stood proud in front of us. Moving my eyes around, I saw white peacocks litter the pond nearby, ruffling their feathers they blinked our way with their big brown eyes. The front doors opened bringing me out of my curious glance, I shifted my eyes as they landed on the Malfoy family.

Great, I thought, once I saw Malfoy.

The Malfoy men wore nice tailored tuxes, that fit their physics perfectly. While Narcissa wore a long black dress that that fell to her ankles. Her cherry lips turned into a smile once I saw her.

"Come in, come in." Narcissa said in a silvery voice.

The Malfoy's stepped aside to let us in as the three of us went inside. We walked down a long hall that had a pair of double doors at the end. The walls were a dark gray color as the floor had a long purple rug, going all the way down to the door at the end of the hall.

Passing through the double doors and inside sat a long rectangle shaped table; we each took a seat. Both my father and Lucius sitting at one end of the table, not missing the glance they gave each other.

Four houses elves strolled through a door, as they brought the food to the table. They quietly set the food down, the hot steam evaporating into the air, filling my nose. It send a grumble in my stomach.

Narcissa then dismissed them with a simple wave with her hand, "You may go."

The elves shuffled out of the dining room. As Lucius spoke up, "Eat up."

˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚

Dinner passed with a blur as the elves came back to collect the food, my parents stared my way with uncertain eyes.

My mum began, "So the Malfoy's, your father, and I are going to tell you something important, and Draco and Elaina please don't hate us for what we're about to say, just hear us out." Said my mom in a shaky voice

"Well, go on spit it out." Malfoy's sharp voice filled the air.

My eyebrows creased together in uncertainty, "Mother what is it." I said my voice laced with worry.

"We want you and Draco to do something for us and I don't want you questioning it, okay Elaina?" My father said in a stern voice.

"Okay...just tell me what you need Malfoy and I to do." I said, trying to keep the nerves from setting in my voice.

"We've been thinking about it for a while now, and the Malfoy's, your father, and I...we need you and Draco to get married. "My mom said in a slightly determined voice

Silence

Anger pumped through my veins that words escaping my lips. "What!" I bellowed.

Glass breaking filled the air, as Malfoy gripped his now broken bottle of firewhisky. "What is your problem do you have any idea what your asking us to do! An arranged marriage, you guys were really knocked up in the head!" Malfoy spat out furiously.

And for the first time in my life, I finally agreed with Malfoy.

"QUIET!"

I pressed my lips together, my nails digging into my flesh. "I don't—"

"QUIET, NOW YOU WILL LISTEN TO US WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT, OUR DECISION IS FINIAL! YOU TWO ARE GETTING MARRIED AND YOU CAN'T GET OUT OF IT! YOU'LL SIMPLY HAVE TO PUT YOUR RIVALRY ASIDE, AND COMMIT TO THE RELATIONSHIP!" Bellowed my father, his face turning beet red from all the yelling.

I stayed silence, "You will listen to us and like your father said the decision is final." my mother's voice came breaking the silence in a calm voice.

"We need you to understand, we're doing this to help you two" Narcissa finally spoke up in a quiet voice.

"Help us, yeah some help you guys are doing!" Scoffed Malfoy.

"We're doing this because we care about you, and we need the Malfoy name to earn it respect back. If you two get married it'll help both of our families." Said Lucius in a calm voice.

Malfoy then got up so fast that his chair hit the wall. "Care! Do you even care, if you really did care, then you will let us marry who we want, and let us make our own decisions in life." Malfoy seethed out in a deadly calm voice, that even I stayed quiet, afraid he was going to blow the bloody place up.

He quickly stormed out of the dining room and went up the stairs, Hearing a door slam hard against it hinges, the whole manor vibrating from the powerful slam of the impact, which I'm guessing was from Malfoy's room.

I then got up slowly and keeping my voice calm and collected, which even surprised me, considering how furious I was, "I'm leaving, and I don't want you guys bringing this up again...ever, you hear me. Malfoy's right if any of you really do care, then you wouldn't ask this of us." I then apparated out of the manor without another word.

Their words boomed loud against my ear bringing unwanted anger pulsing through my veins.

_______

A/N

Hope you enjoyed!

Question: Favorite animal?

OTHER WORKS:

- Love Intertwines

PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND SHARE.

Thank you,

- AILEEN J