CHAPTER 27 | Mission

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 27 | Mission

Elaina's POV

"Adam." I breath, my hands tremble against my legs, the tears continue to stream down my face, my throat begins to tighten as I feel my breath get knocked out of me.

Adam sweeps his eyes over me, taking in a shaky breath, he steps forward. He furrows his eyebrows in confusion, thoughts running through his mind.

He swallows, looking into my brown eyes, I know he's confused. His brown eyes deep into my own, taking me back to our Hogwarts days.

I gulp, "I can explain."

Running a hand through his flaming red hair, he seems to be fighting against something. When all of a sudden he steps forward, taking a kneel in front of me, his warm hands on either side of my now puffy red cheeks.

He swipes the tears away with the pad of his thumb, looking into my eyes he seems to have made a decision, "Take all the time you need."

I nod my head, feeling the close proximity between us buzz with electricity, I look into his eyes wanting to close the distance between us.

But I knew it was wrong, despite me being in a loveless marriage I don't think I would ever be able to cheat on Malfoy, it would only go against my morals.

Taking in a shaky breath, warmth radiates from his body calming my senses down. I finally begin my story.

"My parents...they're the reason why I broke up with you. They never told me the reason behind it, only saying that I should wait to date after I graduate. They told me I shouldn't let love go in between my education. I tried to tell them that I was in love with you, and that you were a good person despite you being in Slytherin. But they wouldn't understand, telling me I should wait till I'm older. At the time I didn't understand why'd they want me to break up with you, but something was telling me they weren't being completely truthful." I stated.

Swallowing, I continued on with the story, "But now that I'm seeing they most likely had the arranged marriage planned far before the war even started, they must've kept it a secret for years all along. Despite them telling me to break up with you I didn't listen. I stayed with you, until we were getting closer to the war, I knew you wouldn't be safe in a relationship with me, so I broke things off not just because of my parents, but also because I wanted to make myself believe that I was doing it for your own safety."

Adam kept his gaze locked onto mine, "I always knew that our relationship would have its ups and downs, but I was willing to go through them with you. Because for some reason I'm still in love with you, and you don't have to reciprocate your feelings to me Elaina. I just want you to live your life, and I want you to be happy, I know that life isn't being the fairest to you right now, but I want you to know that I'm not mad at you for what you did, I respect your decision." He finished off, his brown eyes swimming in tears, I watch the first tear trickle downs his face.

I swipe it away with my thumb, hating to be the cause behind it. I gently rest my forehead against his, "Please don't hate me." I whisper.

"Never." He whispers back, taking in a shaky breath he plants a soft kiss onto my forehead.

˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚

We stay in the same position for what seems like forever. Thunder strikes through the clouds pulling us out of our trance. I move my head looking out the window, rain patted against the building, the pavement drenched with water.