CHAPTER 41 | Tears of Blood

A/N

Hey, I'm back! I know I've been gone for a little while now and I just wanted to say, thank you for being patient with me.

I've read you're guys comments asking if I'm okay. And yes, I'm okay, so far I'm alive and healthy!

Right now my schedule is just really tight, so I haven't had much time to write a new chapter. But thank you for sticking by and continuing to leave your comments and votes, it honestly means the world to me.

So let's get on with the story!

_____

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 41 | Tears of Blood

Draco's POV

Dear Elaina,

I remember the day we met.

I remember the way the air blew your hair back, the sunlight streaming through the curtains kissing your soft skin. Only making your brown locks appear golden as the sun.

I remember that first words we traded on the Hogwarts express. As we awaited for the doors to open to Hogwarts, on our very first day.

Your smile stretching from side to side, from the happiness bursting inside your chest. The words escaping from your lips filling the train with more chatter than ever before.

But I also remember how I burst your bubble the moment I came up to you. Because I couldn't stand how happy you were, when I myself was so miserable inside.

I didn't understand how going to Hogwarts could've made you so happy. After all I had all the money in the world so I knew there were better schools from outside to choose.

And I thought out of everyone in the room you would've understood that as well.

I thought we would've shared the same anger towards Dumbledoor, and the same jokes that were passed around the Slytherins, and the parties that were held only for the older kids.

But I was wrong about you.

You were different.

You had the highest amount of money in that train, with the power to bring down armies. Knowing that you and I were born from elite families and yet, we were so different.

Why? I questioned myself so many times.

Why, were we so different. And yet born into high families with wealth and power.

How did you come out so happy and me so miserable.

What did you have that I didn't.

So I got angry at you. Because I didn't understand that happiness. And I never felt it.

So I went up to you. And I made sure that the very first words I said to you on that train were disgusting.

"Never thought I would see a member of an elite family talk to such lowlife creatures. But I see now I was wrong."

The moment those words left my mouth, I regretted it.

Because in that instance, you turned around and spited  out your own words of distaste.

Your eyes blazed to life, you cloak whipping behind you. The chatter growing silent as if the earth knew of your destruction.

"Malfoy. I see you're still making your presence as distasteful as the muck beneath my shoes!"

And that was the moment I realized how different we were.

And how wrong I was to believe we could ever be friends.

From that day forth we were sworn enemies. No matter what time it was, we would always find a way to string some awful sentence along. Always tailing up who had the most best responses.

And I of course grew fond of our game. Because it was the only time I was able to talk to you, without the world having to understand what you meant to me.

It is true, I loved you ever since the moment I heard about you. Even if I couldn't understand why we were so different. I made it my mission to find out what made you so happy in this cruel world.

And then one day I got the chance to finally truly get to know you.

I got to marry the woman I had so many questions for.

And I did. Little by little you showed me parts of yourself you dared to never talk to others. You gave me your trust, your compassion, your loyalty, your kindness. . .you Elaina Malfoy gave me your love.

A love so big that had finally answered all my questions in this world. A love I grew to cherish.

No longer was my mission to find out who you were. My mission now was to love you more everyday for as long as we were alive.

And yet as I'm writing this letter as my declaration of love to you. The quiver in my hands shaking the quill, only making the ink run into trails of rivers. Adding to the ache in my chest, as my tears slide down my pale cheeks, only to disappear into the bronze parchment.

I realize now how wrong I was. . .

Because no matter how big my love for you was, I still wasn't able to save you.

Love your husband,

Draco Malfoy

______

A/N

Question: What's on your wishlist this year?

OTHER WORKS:

- Love Intertwines

PLEASE COMMENT VOTE AND SHARE.

Thank you,

- AILEEN J