CHAPTER 32 | Loving the Darkness

[EDITED]

CHAPTER 32 | Loving the Darkness

Elaina's POV

The sunlight trickled through the grey curtains, coating my fair skin. Blowing out a puff of air I watched the dust fall from the portrait, the small molecules dancing across the stream of light. I let out a sigh, my gloves thumb grazing the pictured that laid behind the stain glass.

It had been years since I've last seen it. But seeing it now brought a wave of emotions over me, gently setting the portrait onto the bed I let my gaze fall on my surroundings.

My bag laid across the marble floor, sets of close piled neatly on top of it for the mission. The sound of ticking filled the silence, reminding me I was only hours away from tomorrow.

Lowering my eyes I let a small smile graze my features, despite the place I was now I allowed myself to acknowledge the friendship I still had even years after the war.

A knock brought me out of my trance, quickly turning the portrait over, I cleared my throat.

"Yes?"

The door swung open, a pair of footsteps entering the empty room. My heart swelled at the person before me, the portrait long forgotten.

Without so much of a thought I allowed the person to engulf me in a hug, the smell of peppermint filling my senses. I smiled against his broad shoulder, my eyes fluttering close on impact.

A kiss brushed against my temple, practically seeing the smirk appear on his lips. I only hummed in reply, allowing the small gesture to pull me a way from the stress of the mission.

"I love you."

A smile grazed my features, dropping my eyes to the floor. A cool touch pressed against my chin, as he gently lifted my chin up with his fingers.

My breath hitched in my throat, his grey eyes piercing into my own making a wave of emotions fall over me all in one go.

And in seconds his lips pressed against mine, making me forget about the mission. A sigh fell from my lips, my fingers interlocking around his neck, his lips pressing against mine harder.

His hands sat at my hips, his body pressing against my own. Electricity surged through the room, my body reacting to his every touch.

I stifled back a groan when I fell the marble wall press against my back, his hands landing behind my head. Grabbing my face with one hand, his fingers moved through my brown locks angling my lips towards his cool ones.

"Draco." I breathed out.

A growl fell from his lips, his teeth nibbling on my bottom lip before his tongue plunged into my mouth.

Ravishing me whole.

And just like that we fell into the kiss. Our hands flying around everywhere, his touch bringing me to life.

The sound of our mouths moving against one another filled the silence of the room. Making my mind fall into a daze, as his lips moved against my burning skin.

No longer was the portrait filling my mind.

Instead they were replaced by the man standing before me.

The man I grew to love.

˚ ˚ ˚ ˚ ˚

My eyes fall on the people before me, the light from the chandelier filling up the room with a soft light hue.