#43: Disabilities

I must sadly confess that I haven't really thought that maybe my world has many with disabilities...idk, just never crossed my mind. Although, it's understandable that there probably are some with physical or mental disabilities.

But if medical knowledge is not up to par to our world as we know it, characters with disabilities might be misunderstood. At least in the Victorian Era, they practiced psychotherapy on mentally disabled patients to force them to be "cured".

If you have thought about physical disabilities in your world, what are some common physical disabilities?

What are some physical disabilities particular to your MC's race or species? 

For example, maybe dragons with a bent wing would be disabled because they can't fly? Maybe an elf with round ears would be called physically disabled for some reason? Or vampires with only one fang?

How do your races or species see those who are mentally disabled? (e.g., possessed, insane, immature, etc.)

How are the mentally disabled treated in the society?

Note: Sometimes a better way of saying "disabled" is "challenged". You can say "mentally challenged" or "physically challenged" instead of "disabled" because "disabled" can sound like the person isn't able to do anything when they can.