eighteen.

THERE WAS ONE thing in the world that Lindy guessed she might never get used to, and it was definitely her newfound intimacy with Kurt.

Maybe it had been due to the fact that he was her first, but there was something overwhelmingly euphoric about him when they made love, and it didn't seem like he was doing it just for his own pleasure.

There was intensity that burned behind his eyes while he looked down at her, and Lindy gained the strangest feeling that Kurt's priority in those moments was only her and not himself. His own satisfaction could not be subdued until she was gasping in ecstasy, trying to hush her moans before Lee could hear.

Once again as another summer day came to a close, Kurt had snuck over past midnight and once more clambered through her window in the darkness.

There had been no speaking. His mouth found hers quickly and his rough, calloused hands were removing her clothes in an urgent need. The window had been left open and as they both sank onto Lindy's bed in a mess of tangled limbs, the balmy summer air warmed their bodies like heat from a sauna.

Once finished, they laid beneath Lindy's childhood sheets, curled up facing one another. Mostly, Kurt was silent. Lindy did not take this to heart. It was not strange for him to experience bouts of distant quietness. She never let it hurt her feelings because she figured that if she too had such an expansive mind, she'd need a lot of quiet time to think as well.

Lindy stared at him, marveled by his flawless features while he busied himself by drawing his fingertips lightly back and forth across her bare skin. Both of them were so consumed by the other that not once did they realize that they'd both succumbed to fascination.

"Your body is gorgeous," Kurt whispered in the darkness, his fingers pausing at her shoulder.

Lindy smiled shyly. She surprised herself by not curling up inwards in embarrassment. It would have been her knee-jerk reaction if not for the fact that it was coming from him. "Would it embarrass you if I said so was yours?"

"Yes," Kurt said seriously. It was no secret that he didn't take well to compliments, no matter how genuine they were. 

There was another beat of silence before his hands continued their looping path down Lindy's arms.

"Rivers," he said absentmindedly, tracing a winding trail across her forearm.

"Hills," he continued, lifting his hand to her chest where he grazed his fingers over the skin of her breast.

It was at this moment that Lindy quietly bursted with laughter.

"What are you doing?" she giggled, reaching for his hand. He batted her away with a small shush, smiling to himself.

"Roads," he said gently, caressing her neck with the back of his fingers. It was at this touch that Lindy shuddered, feeling her skin rise with goosebumps.

"They all lead to here," Kurt said, once more drawing his fingers downwards until he paused, hovering over Lindy's heart.

"Whose trying to get there?" Lindy smirked.

"Me, and hopefully no one else," Kurt declared, before rolling on top of Lindy, his lips brushing past each place he'd touched and mapped across her body before they finally came to rest at her heart.

"You already have it," she whispered, finding his piercing blue eyes and knotting her fingers in his messy hair.

"What if I lose it?"

Lindy sat up from beneath Kurt, furrowing her eyebrows and looking down at him. He wore a sheepish expression, and it became quite obvious that this was something that worried him.