one-hundred-seventeen.

OCTOBER 3rd , 1994, SEATTLE, WA

[ if anyone references mean girls i'll slap tf out of you, i can not think of a more overrated film lol ]

         "KURT, I DON'T know about this," Lindy sighed, staring up at the tall ceiling of the house that they were currently touring together.

"Not big enough?" Kurt asked worriedly, joining her in inspecting the ceiling with a questioning look in his eyes, as if he expected to find something unsatisfactory hanging above their heads.

"Not that. More like too big."

"You think so? I wasn't sure how many rooms we'd need."

Kurt, in a predictable turn of events, had left the responsibility of the final decision on a house in Lindy's hands. To him, a house was a house, but what he had seemed to have forgotten was that the same went for Lindy. She didn't need extravagance when it came to her living quarters and although Kurt was ready to please her, she didn't picture them basking in his self-made wealth. Her apartment and Krist's junky house from the past had always sufficed. 

"Well, one for us obviously. And for the baby. And then a room for Frances. What else more could we possibly need?"

"A guest room. Beth and my sister are going to have to go somewhere to consummate their relationship," Kurt insisted with a sly grin.

"No way!" Lindy yelped. She had heard nothing of Beth and Kim's flirtatious exchange since August, when she'd seen them moving exceedingly closer and closer to one another at her kitchen table.

"Kim said she's got Beth's number, but hasn't decided when to ask her out. Can you believe it? You and Beth will be family."

"I only hope it goes that far," Lindy laughed. It was most unexpected, seeing Beth fall for not just Kurt's sister but a female in general, but she was ecstatic over the idea. Both Beth and Kim had been single for way too long and Lindy readily accepted her best friend's taste. The Cobains were pretty good-looking people. 

"And the baby's due pretty much any day now," Kurt continued. "I know you think the apartment is going to cut it, but I feel like we've got to move. I want you to be comfortable."

"It can't be all about me, Kurt," Lindy protested. "What about you? What do you want?"

"For you to be happy," Kurt answered readily. The craziest thing was, Lindy knew that he was being honest. He had no other reasonable response to her question. Whatever made her content was the only answer that Kurt would ever be able to offer.

"I don't need a five bedroom house to be happy," Lindy said, glancing around. 

The house that they had elected to tour that day was in an area outside of Seattle, nice enough to be considered upscale but definitely not to the point of being ritzy. It was no Denny-Blaine, that was for sure. Kurt had seen an advertisement for the place in the paper and had told Lindy that they ought to take a look.

Although's Lindy's vision of the future was fuzzy, being that she had tried her best to focus on living in the present, she did partially see herself living in the house despite her protests. It was bigger than she thought necessary, but there was something significantly cozy and welcoming about its open floor plan and windows that looked out to the snow-capped peak of Mount Rainier. The upstairs was even prettier, complete with a balcony in the master bedroom and winding staircase that swept into an elegant curve. It was fairy-tale like, too lovely to be real. 

"Ugh, I don't know," Lindy groaned in frustration, covering her face with her hands. It was big decisions that she couldn't stand. Even as responsible as she was, she wasn't confident enough to make the choice awaiting her.