THE END

I'm crying as I write this.

I know that sounds so silly.

We always say that. We always say through virtual text that we're crying, when in reality behind our screens, we're really not crying at all. We're just trying to convey the mood that we are in.

But I'm really crying right now, and I don't know whether it's out of sadness, pride, or joy over having finished this story.

Nearly a year ago, I began 'In The Sun' with the fear that it would totally bomb and end up unloved, unread and pretty much just flat out unappreciated.

But you guys did the exact opposite of all that. You took this stupid, silly little story and gave it the life that I myself never could have graced it with. Your funny and sweet comments, constant votes and messages on my profile board are what helped me to keep going even when I never thought I'd be able to finish this story.

'In The Sun' means everything to me. I may have started writing it in the summer of 2018, but the true grit and development behind this book came in the fall of 2018 when I started my junior year in college.

I sat in my apartment bedroom for hours, sometimes never leaving my bed just so I could write this story. I would stay up all night brainstorming, guzzling back coffee and peanut butter Oreos as fuel. Even when I wasn't writing, I was constantly thinking about Kurt and Lindy and how much their narrative meant to me.

And then there was you all. You guys, and I do mean every single one of you, mean so very much to me. I sincerely mean every word of that. I love all of you in such a special, unique way that could never be replaced by real-life friendships. What you, my readers, have done for me is irreplaceable.

I don't need to tell you how much I love Nirvana, nor how much I love Kurt Cobain. You can already guess that by noting that I just finished writing an 143 chapter book about him. But nonetheless, Kurt and the rest of Nirvana are so incredibly precious to me and I'm honored that many of you think I did right by Kurt's memory when creating this book.

I chose to have Kurt live in 'In The Sun' because I wanted a story that was optimistic. I wanted Kurt to have the imaginary happy ending that he so deserved but never got. I hope you all believe I did it justice, even though we know that sadly, it won't ever come true.

I'm going to miss writing this. I will miss it so much that at times, I know it's going to hurt when I open Wattpad and realize that 'In The Sun' is complete. But it has finally come to its close and I'm proud of it.

Thank you all so much. Thank you for being the people who love Kurt, Krist, Dave, grunge music, the nineties, and just good fucking music in general. If it weren't for those things, we wouldn't be here right now reaching the end of this story.

I love you guys.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

QUESTIONS FOR THE AUTHOR

I've seen people do questionnaires for their characters at the end of books, but I think that's cheesy and overrated and in this case, just downright tacky and disrespectful.

WITH THAT BEING SAID . . .

I want you guys to go ahead and ask ME, yes, me myself and I, any ~burning~ questions you might or might have had while reading 'In The Sun.'

I will answer pretty much anything (I'm an open book) so please, ask away and I assure you that you will receive a response.

Ask any questions HERE (aka comment, highlight and comment).