four.

"My family is my strength and weakness."
AISHWARYA RAI BACHCHAN

credit to S.E Hinton for some of the scenes in this chapter!!

"what happened to you, Dal?" Georgia questioned and rushed over to him, examining his knuckles and cheek.
"Tim Shepherd. i cut his tires for fun and he found out. but it was a fair fight, that i won." he smiled proudly and she began to clean up his knuckles.
he hissed at the burning sensation, but he could never yell at Georgia. none of the gang could.
it was like they weren't allowed to.
so Dal scooped up some spaghetti and Georgia continued to talk about herself.
Steve loved her even more after that.
that night, she went out to the movies with Pony, Johnny, and Dal.
they snuck in through the back fence and Johnny helped her up.
"man, it's just some beach movie. i'm gonna go get a broad." Dal whispered in Johnny's ear and walked off.
"i'm gonna go get a coke and some popcorn for us." Pony got up and Georgia handed him a few quarters.
"i'm paying, pretty boy." she demanded.
Pony knew there was no point in fighting her on it, so he took the money and walked off.
"ya know, i want a nickname too." Johnny whispered to her and she smiled.
she knew deep down she had a little thing for Johnny.
but then again she also felt it for Pony.
and for Soda.
but who cares, Soda has a girl and Pony and Johnny would never like her back. they dig different types of girls anyways.
"how about i call you Phillip and you call me Aurora, like Sleeping Beauty since it's my middle name?" Johnny was smiling wide and nodded when she finished.
"sure thing, Aurora." he happily hooked his arm around his best friend's shoulder and Pony came back with the drinks and popcorn.
"here you go, Johnnycake. and here's yours, pretty girl." he smiled at the two and Georgia blushed, thankful it was dark out.

once the movie had ended they snuck back out and began walking to drop Johnny off at his house.
there was yelling from inside and Georgia figured out his story without even asking.
"i hate when my folks fight! let's go to the lot." he exclaimed and they ran away from his house towards the lot.
they crashed on a car seat and Pony slowly got up and started a fire.
"why do the Socs and Greasers hate each other so damn much?" Georgia whispered and tears stung her blue eyes.
"i don't know, Georgia. there must be some other place without it. some other place with just plain peo-people." johnny spoke.
it was a sad night until they all drifted off to sleep without meaning to.
Georgia stirred and woke up, realizing it was probably the middle of the night.
"shit. wake up, you two!" she harshly nudged the beautiful boys cuddled up on either side of her.
Pony got up and was stressed before running home, so Johnny decided he would stay there.
"i'm staying here for the night, i'll tell my folks i was with this Soc they're trying to hook me up with." Georgia said in a surprisingly calm manner.
Johnny nodded and went back to sleep. it had only been about five minutes before Pony came crashing down on the two.
"let's go guys. we're running away." being the sweet people Johnny and Georgia are, they for up and went with him.
once they had slowed down, Pony asked Johnny for a smoke.
"i'm scared!" Pony exclaimed and leaned against a fence out of breath.
"well don't be man! you're scaring me!" Johnny said in the same tone.
"Darry hit me." Pony's voice cracked when he said that.
"why?!" Georgia nearly screamed.
"i don't know, he got mad that i yelled at him for yelling at Soda. no one ever yells at Soda." his voice laced with honesty.
"cmon, let's go to the park and calm down. then we'll go home." Georgia spoke and grabbed the two boys hands.
even in the tense in that moment, the two boys blushed at the electricity running through their hands.