seven.

"Sometimes we survive by forgetting."
ANONYMOUS

Pony and Steve froze.
"is something wrong? did i do something?" Georgia looked puzzled.
"i-i'm Ponyboy Curtis. call me Pony. i have two brothers-"
"Soda and Darry, right? i wonder why they never mentioned you." she interrupted him and a tear slipped his eye.
"what's wrong Pony?" she asked.
innocence laced in her soft voice.
"you don't remember me, do you?" he whispered, barely audible.
"oh, shoot. the doctor said this might happen. i'm sorry, i-i really wish i could remember-"
"forget it, i gotta go." he said and nearly ran out of the room.
Steve got up and saw that Georgia was tearing up.
"i want to remember, i really do!" she cried into her big brother's soft shirt.
he shushed her and hugged her.
outside, Pony ran to the waiting room and continued silently crying.
"what's wrong Pony?" Soda stood up and worry was written all over his face.
"she doesn't remember me!" he cried and the whole gang pulled him in for a hug.
he was the one she didn't remember.

Pony didn't return for awhile, so the rest of the gang visited her.
next was Johnny.
he prayed to God Almighty that she would remember.
he slowly walked in.
"hiya, Aurora." he said in a nice, soft tone.
"well if it isn't Prince Phillip!" she cheered and motioned for him to give her a hug.
he smiled so wide he thought his cheeks would burst and gladly embraced her.
they hugged for awhile.
he pulled away from the hug and she grabbed him by the sides of his face and pulled him in for a quick, rough kiss.
she was smiling and so was he.
the sparks running through his body were like lighting bolts.
"sorry, i'm just really happy. didn't mean to do that." she blushed and continued smiling.
"what do you think you're doing going and kissing my kid sister like that, huh?" Steve came in a grabbed Johnny in a harsh way.
Johnny looked as white as a mouse.
"naw, i'm just playing boy. i respect her having her own life." he smiled and put Johnny down before patting his back.
"i kissed him on accident, by the way." Georgia sassed.
Johnny blushed and went back over to the bed.
"well, i gotta go. but i hope you're feeling okay. i'll be back in a little." he said and kissed her forehead.
it made her feel all giddy inside
she smiled and nodded before he walked out.
next was Soda.
he walked in a few minutes later and Steve smiled to his bestfriend.
"heya, Gerogie. how ya been?" he asked and messed with his hands.
his eyes sparked like the devil's eye and his cheeks were tan and rosy.
"i've been better. how about you?" she said.
"there you are, back at it again, being the most selfless person ever." he laughed and she blushed.
"i hope you get better pumpkin. we ain't goin let nobody get y'all again." he said and kissed her cheek, patting her leg gently.
she smiled and nodded and he left.
next was Dally.
he walked in a put out his cigarette.
"hey man, how's it been?" he smiled lightly and sat down in the chair next to her bed.
"like i said to Soda. i've been better. hate those damn Socs." she gritted her teeth and it made Dally and Steve laughed.
"they ain't gonna hurt ya no more, sissy." he joked and slapped her knee.
"Steve, get out of here, i wanna talk to Dal." she ordered and Steve knew how stubborn she is, so he obeyed.
"what's up Georgia?" he got up next to her bed.
"you're like a big brother to me, ya know that?" she asked him.
he nodded and smiled, "don't be making me go soft, Randle."
"i know, it's just, i gotta present or two for you." she smiled and reached down for her jean jacket.
"you didn't need to do that, man." he rubbed his neck.
"i know, but i did. and you're going to accept it." she smiled.
out of her pocket she pulled a bracelet and a switchblade.
his eyes went wide.
the switch blade had a nasty blue handle and silver tips, it was definitely 10 inches.
the bracelet was thick and leather, and it tied up.
"a new blade and a friendship bracelet."
she handed him the blade, which he flipped out and looked out.
"she's a beaut. did you steal her?" he couldn't look away from it.
"from Mark when i tackled him. the rich bastard deserved it." she said and they both laughed.
"i'm not the jewelry type, kiddo." he looked back to her and the bracelet.
"o-oh. okay. it's fine, you don't need to wear-"
she began and looked a little sad.
"no! i wanna wear it. i'll wear it forever." and for the first time she has seen, Dally looked genuinely happy.