thirty-one.

"Sometimes the ones we'd take a bullet for are the ones behind the gun."
UNKNOWN

major stuff coming up, be ready. sorry in advance for the constant time skips :/ also, isn't that quote hella deep?

it was finally the night of Georgia's drag race, and she was extremely excited.
Pony and her had sex the night before, but her legs were okay enough to drive.
she really is a good driver.
"are you sure you wanna do this? you're going against Brutus, he's in Shepherd's gang." Steve asked as the whole gang drove up to the place where the race started.
"yeah, i'm sure. you sure this is the best car?" she asked and looked around.
"trust me, it is." Soda nodded to her.
"well, okay."
they pulled up and her heart was racing.
boy, was she excited.
sure, she had thrown up that day and was probably sick, but nothing could stop her.
it was drag racing for crying out loud!
"alright, it's starts soon, so we'll be at the finish line. good luck." Steve said and kissed her cheek.
"you got this, champ." Soda said and smiled before walking off.
Pony stayed behind.
"please don't get hurt. these things are dangerous." he said and looked down to her.
"i know, but i've never lost. and i'm not about to." she added.
"okay, just be careful. i love you." he said.
in response she just pulled him down for a passionate, short kiss.
he pulled away and smiled before running off with the gang.
people cheered from beside the car as Georgia hopped back in.
the female Soc walked in front of them and held up the large checkered flag.
she held it up for a few seconds before pulling it down, signaling them to go.
Georgia starts her engine and looked over to the Greaser driving the car next to her, before they both speeded off.
they crunched and whirled on the roads until it got to a dirt track.
Georgia had the lead and smiled.
but that wasn't the end.
Brutus peaked over to the surroundings, noticing a large, iced over lake on Georgia's side.
Brutus has murdered somebody in a drag race before, what was stopping him?
money was on the table, after all.
he grinned evilly and slammed his car into Georgia's, the loud screech caught everyone's attention.
Pony looked over in absolute terror and Steve held his breath.
Georgia's car slid out onto the thick ice and she caught a glance to Soda, who's eyes were wide with fright.
Georgia was sobbing hysterically as she felt the ice under her collapse, sending the car plunging into the freezing lake.
it wasn't an extremely deep lake but the car sunk straight to the bottom.
the hit Brutus had made caused it so she had struggled unbuckling.
her vision was blurry and she was struggling to do anything from her hands shaking.

meanwhile, at the surface, Pony watched Brutus cross the finish line before running straight towards his car and punching him square in the face.
Dally did the same and they began to fight, so Pony ran back to the lake that now had a large hole in the middle of it.
"NO!" he screamed.
sirens came near and a bunch of fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances arrived.
Georgia realized her side was bleeding, badly, and the blood was dripping everywhere.
she heard a crack and realized she was running out of oxygen.
the back window burst open and she finally unbuckled, but the amount of blood leaving her side was causing her to faint in and out of consciousness.
water filled the car and before she knew it, her whole world went black.