eight.

"There is only one happiness in this life; to love and to be loved."
GEORGE SAND

Dally was right, he was going to wear that bracelet forever.
after Two came in it was Darry's turn.
his tall figure walked in.
"hey, Georgia. i'm so sorry we weren't there in time." he whispered and gave her a gentle hug.
"Darry, it's nothing we can control. it's life. i believe everything happens for a reason, so after this i'm gonna get hella karma." she smiled a devious grin and Steve and Darry laughed.
"funny joke, little missy." he had grown a habit of calling her that— and babygirl.
"seriously, it doesn't have to be in person. Mark does love that Mustang." she said and they chuckled even harder.
"i gotta take Pony and Soda home, but feel better, babygirl." he said and flashed her a passionate smile before heading out.
she sighed.
another annoying night in a smelly hospital, what's not to love?

a few days later Georgia got out of the hospital and her head had finally stopped swelling.
she followed Steve into the Curtis house.
"well, well. if it ain't the two best siblings in Tulsa." Two roared and Dally laughed.
"what about us?" Soda looked sad and out his back to Pony's, who made a silly face with Soda.
"y'all are lame. boys get boring. it ain't everyday we get a girl like her in the gang." Two said.
they agreed.
Pony couldn't keep his eyes off of Georgia.
today, she wore a shirt that was cut off just at her belly button.
he was slightly mad that she had just as much abs as he did, maybe more.
the jeans and belt defined her curves nicely and the rips in them went nicely with the slightly clean white sneakers.
"stop eyeing my sister, horseman." Steve joked and Soda wheezed.
Georgia blushed, "well she's pretty, what can i say?" Pony said and laughed.
Georgia must've been a tomato.
Pony liked her, everyone knew it except her.
she liked him, but she also felt similar for Johnny and Soda.
speak of the devil, Johnny walked in with a box in his hands.
the whole gang had a sneaky grin on and Georgia was confused.
they had planned something.
"you thought you could keep your birthday from us?" Soda was suddenly behind her and whispered in her ear before snaking his hands around her waste and pulling her into his lap.
"damnit, i really did." she grumbled and Johnny laughed.
"happy birthday, Georgia. we love you, so we all got a little present for you." Steve said and took the box from Johnny and handed it to her.
she rolled her eyes, "you guys really shouldn't have."
"well we did." Dally said and smiled to her.
she took of the ribbon and the lid.
her face lit up at the contents inside.
it had a leather jacket folded nice and neatly with the word 'Randle' on the back.
on top of the jacket was a ring that had a small opal on the top.
"we figured since you're switching out social classes tonight you might want a leather jacket and some sort of ring." Johnny spoke and smiled at her.
she looked up to him and blushed.
"how do ya like it?" Soda whispered in her ear.
she looked back and kissed his cheek.
"i love it."
she slid on the ring and the leather jacket.
they fit perfectly, somehow.
they all hooted and hollered, and Darry came up and hugged her, "happy birthday, babygirl."
the rest of the gang slowly got up and made it into a group hug.
this is where she belonged.