five.

"What you are afraid to do is a clear indication of the next thing you need to do."
RALPH WALDO EMERSON

credit to S.E Hinton for some of the scenes in this chapter!!

once they reached the park they climbed onto a climbing structure and sat down.
"you gotta smoke, Johnnycake?" Pony asked.
he nodded and rumbled with his jacket, when an engine roar near them distracted the group.
Mark's yellow mustang rolled up and Mark, Bob, Randy, and two other Socs hopped out.
"Georgia, what the hell are you doing here?"
Mark said.
they were clearly drunk.
"none of your concern!" she snapped back.
"it is when you're hanging out with these Greasers!" Bob spoke up and the two unknown Socs laughed.
"y-you're our of your territory. you better watch it!" Johnny spoke up and stuttered.
"no pal, you better watch it." Randy snapped back.
even though he was drunk, he sure as hell seemed sober.
the three looked at each other before slowly hopping down.
"you know what a Greaser is? white trash with long, greasy hair." Bob spoke and the Socs laughed.
"you know what a Soc is?" Ponyboy said after a long amount of silence.
"what?" Mark snapped in annoyance.
"white trash with mustangs and Madras." he said and spit at them.
"GET 'EM!" one of the unknown Socs yelled and the three began to run.
the two unknown tackled Johnny and kicked him a few times before he groaned.
Bob and Randy grabbed Pony and dragged him to the fountain, beginning to dunk him underwater.
Mark ran at Georgia, but she switched out her switchblade and his eyes went wide.
"whatcha gonna do with that, sweetheart? just let me take you home and we'll take care of these Grea-"
before he could finish, she tackled him to ground and put the blade to his neck.
"stop calling them Greasers, Mark." with that, she slipped the knife across his neck and cut him.
Johnny stumbled on his feet and pulled out his blade, running towards Bob.
"Johnny stop!" Georgia yelled.
they all looked over to her.
she joined Johnny's side and they walked towards the four drowning Pony with their blades facing out.
"leave." she growled. Bob was the first to drag Mark away and the rest followed in a rushed way.
they pulled Pony out and she began squeezing him and performing CPR.
he took one deep breath and coughed up some water.
some blood was on Georgia's shirt and she realized Mark had given her a strong kick to the head when she tackled him.
the blood didn't stop as Pony sat up and she began to feel dizzy.
she slowly waved in and out of consciousness, her body moving around like a squiggly line before her legs gave out and she collapsed to the ground.
Johnny and Pony watched in horror, especially because her head hit the exact same spot that was bleeding.
"you stay with her, i'm gonna go get help!" Pony yelled and darted off.
Johnny took off his jacket and held it to her head. the blood quickly sank in and made it a red color.
"well, well, well. didn't think that through, eh? thought you could just get rid of us." Bob's voice spoke from behind Johnny.