sixteen.

"My only goal in life right now is to be genuinely happy."
MY SISTER

it had been a few weeks and December was almost here.
Georgia's foot had a scar but was healed, and her head was completely fine.
but the Socs continued driving by and saying rude remarks, and Cherry kept on trying to take Pony away from her.
that would never happen again.
Pony was absolutely infatuated with Georgia.
Dally and Soda found out about them and knew not to say anything.
Steve didn't tell them, it's just that Pony can't keep his hands off Georgia.
there was a rumble planned in two weeks.
Georgia was determined she would fight as a Greaser, no matter what the gang said.
Darry loved Georgia as his own kid sister.
she always helped him cook and gave him shoulder rubs when he would get home from work.
Pony had also been working out a little more; Georgia got him hooked on the push-ups and crunches thing.
and besides that, things were alright.
Johnny didn't really like Georgia like that anymore, mainly because he had a funky feeling about her and Pony.
it was like she had been in the gang forever, the way she fit in.
Steve and her were definitely siblings, not just that they look a little bit alike, but that they have the same sass and fighting skills.
Georgia did teach them a little bit of her boxing.

currently, Georgia was laying on her roof, reading a book.
it was around 4PM, so she had two hours or so before dinner.
the book nearly put her to sleep, so she got off the roof and went to her room.
she loved her room.
it was the only room upstairs, and she had decorated it pretty well.
(chapter picture)
it was like an attic, almost.
actually, it was.
it used to be storage before she moved in.
but still, she loved it.
she laid in bed, until there was a knock on her door.
"mystery guest #1!" said the silly voice. it was clearly Soda.
"and mystery guest #2!" it was clearly Pony.
they burst in and jumped onto Georgia's bed.
"room for one more?" Steve yelled and ran in, jumping on top of the three.
"i can't breathe you sack of barnacles!" yelled Georgia from under the three boys.
they laughed and rolled off.
"what's up?" she asked and sat up.
"we wanted to ask if you were up to go to Buck's tonight— there's a big party." Soda said.
"nah, i wanna stay home and read. i'm not in the mood to do anything." she said.
"fine by me!" Steve said and Soda laughed, walking out behind him.
Pony hopped under the covers next to Georgia and threw his arm around her.
"whatcha reading?" he asked.
she whipped out the book, The Little Prince.
"is it good?" he asked.
"yeah. i don't wanna read right now though. that is, if i'm gonna do it later." she said.
it was a comfortable silence before she moved and laid on top of him.
he wrapped his arms around her and they almost fell asleep by the warmth.
"Pony?" she asked and looked up to him.
he kept his eyes nearly shut.
"yeah?"
"do you ever wonder what death is like?" her question caught him off guard and he opened his eyes and looked at the beautiful girl laying on his chest.
"sometimes. why?" he said.
"that time i was in the hospital, the time i didn't remember you. i think i almost experienced it." she said.
his eyes got a little wider, "what do you mean?"
"when i passed out, there was this light. it felt like people were grabbing me as if i had to go somewhere. i looked down and i was all weird looking, like radiant. i don't know, maybe it was just a dream." she sighed.
"well, i hope it never happens again. i don't plan on you leaving anytime soon." he joked.
after a few seconds of him admiring her, he used his arms and pulled her up to where their faces were an inch apart.
"you're so pretty." he whispered.
her cheeks turned dark pink, "you're definitely the more attractive one."
he scoffed and connected their lips.
oh, how splendid it would be if their lips could be connected forever.