Reidy

Y/N

It was another beautiful morning on Bondi Beach. The morning was always your favourite time of day because there were no crowds or tourists walking along the pavilion being loud and sometimes obnoxious. Only the locals were out right now walking, running or heading into the surf. You'd moved here two years ago and considered yourself a local and everyone had kind of accepted you.

You'd always loved animals, especially dogs. Until you could find a job that paid well you helped out locals by walking dogs morning and evening and had quite a following. So today you were walking three dogs which you considered a light morning when usually you'd walk five or six of all various breeds and sizes.

There was Corey the dalmatian, Kyle the Bulldog, and the rowdy Harry who was a golden retriever who liked to play up. You had Corey and Kyle's leashes in one hand and Harry in the other because you never knew what he was going to do.

Just then a cyclist comes by really fast making you jump out of the way. You manage to hold onto Corey and Kyle, but in a split second Harry's leash slips from your hand and he dashes towards the ramp down onto Bondi Beach.

"Oh shit," you curse, "Harry get back here!" you shout, running towards the beach.

A lifeguard was running along the sand and Harry runs up to him barking playfully, dancing around his feet until he stumbles and falls onto the sand. Harry starts jumping on the poor guy and you can't stand back and watch because it was your fault.

"Harry, get off him right now!" you shout sternly, running onto the beach.

Harry ignores you and continues playing around. Luckily the lifeguard didn't seem angry, instead, he plays back with Harry showering him with attention.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry, a cyclist came at me and I let go of his leash," you speak quite flustered.

"No problem," he replies laughing and gets up from the sand, keeping a hold of Harry.

Your eyes widen realising which lifeguard Harry had tackled, it was Reidy. You saw him from time to time on your walks running up and down the sand in the mornings and sometimes in the evenings training and keeping in shape.

"You're that dog walking chic, shit, I'm Reidy by the way."

He extends his free hand which you shake and smile, "you can call me y/n. I'm so sorry about Harry, he loves attention."

Reidy chuckles nervously, "this is going to sound dumb but I've been looking for an excuse to talk to you. I see you when I'm on shift but work keeps me busy."

I shake my head, "saving lives all day Reidy is important. I've seen you do a couple of rescues. Maybe Harry knows something we don't."

On cue, Harry barks and Reidy rubs his head, "thank you, Harry. Would you maybe like to get a drink sometime y/n?"

You blush and bite your lip, "I would like that a lot, Reidy. Do you want my number?"

He nods, "that would be great, here's my phone."

He hands you his phone and you type your number in and next to your name you put a puppy emoji for laughs.

"Well, I'll be waiting for your call Reidy. But I really should get these guys home."

"Here's your dog back y/n. And I will message you before someone else does," he replies, handing Harry back to you.

You watch Reidy run towards the tower to start his shift, so you quickly leave the beach and continue your walk, giving Harry a treat for bagging you a date with a cute lifeguard.

~NIGHT~

You were sitting in front of the TV in a pair of sweats and a loose tank relaxing when your phone vibrates on the arm of the sofa. You pick it up and squeal seeing a message off Reidy, just like he promised.

REIDY: Hello dog girl I told you I'd get in touch. How about drinks tomorrow night at 8

Y/N: Hello lifeguard I would love to get drinks. I'll send you my address

REIDY: See you tomorrow night y/n

Okay now, your evening was complete. Maybe you'd continue dog walking if it got you this kind of attention.