Harrison

Requested By KateKaufman

Y/N

This Friday marks the one year wedding anniversary of your marriage to Harrison Reid, and you had a pretty big surprise for him. Ironically you bumped into each other on Bondi Beach three years ago when you were on holiday with your friends, you quite literally bumped into each other and when he tried to apologise you ignored him and brushed the encounter off. Harrison came after you to apologise and wanted to know why you didn't reply or acknowledge him, and that's when you explained that you were deaf and until he was in front of you speaking only then could you read his lips.

After that, you kept bumping into each other, until the fourth encounter and he asked you out on a date. You asked if it bothered him that you were deaf, and could only read lips. He said it didn't bother him, and he could look past it and would even learn to sign if it went past date one. you went on several dates after the first one, each time you teaching him how to sign, and on the eighth date he asked you to be his girlfriend in sign language.

Harrison had done so much to accommodate your lack of sense, helping you through tough times when Bondi Rescue fans found out about you and decided they hated you because you snagged Harrison and you couldn't really defend yourself in words when some fans cornered you on the pavilion. He was your rock and when he asked you to marry him, of course, you said yes.

Every girl on their wedding day wants it to be the happiest day of her life, they want to be emotional and make memories they'll remember forever. Your wedding day was amazing, surrounded by the other lifeguards who you'd come to see as a family since you didn't get on with your own so well. Harrison went above and beyond to sign his wedding vows, of course saying them out loud as well for the guests to hear which brought you to tears. He definitely won husband of the year award that day.

So now here you were a year later and it was finally your time to give something back to Harrison. Through your doctor, you'd found an experimental trial around an implant inside your ear that allowed you to hear. You didn't tell Harrison because you didn't want to get his hopes up since you didn't know if you'd be accepted on the trial, so when you got on the trial you decided to keep it secret to surprise him down the line.

The trial was a little hit or miss, but now on the third implant it appeared to work and with a few adjustments you were able to hear for the first time since the day you were born. It was bizarre being able to hear, and it was a little scary because you'd never knew what you were missing until now.

~Friday~

Harrison was at work today so you'd decided to go down and surprise him while Hoppo was having the morning meeting with the lifeguards on shift. Before he left for work he'd kissed you on the lips and surprised you with a bouquet of your favourite flowers. It was hard keeping the surprise that you could hear him now, but somehow you kept the secret even though it was killing you on the inside.

You enter the tower as Hoppo was finishing the meeting and snake your arms around Harrison's waist.

He jumps, "y/n what are you doing here?"

You laugh and step in front of him, "guys when were you going to tell me that I married a kiwi with a slightly annoying accent?"

"What are you talking about y/n?" Deano asks, confusion in his voice.

You pull the hair over your right ear up and smirk, "this is why I've been distant this past couple of months Harrison, I can hear now."

Harrison gasps, "I thought you didn't get on the trial?"

"I got on and wanted to surprise you after all you've done for me these past three years, I wanted to give something back."

Harrison picks you up around the waist and spins your around, "my accent isn't that annoying y/n."

Maxi snorts, "is there a mute button on that thing y/n?"

You chuckle, "I haven't read the instructions fully, but probably Maxi."

Harrison fake pouts and puts you back down on the ground, "way to show the love on our anniversary."

You stand on your tiptoes and peck his lips, "don't worry I still love you, accent and all."

Harrison kisses you back, "apology accepted."

You spend the next ten minutes getting congratulations from the other lifeguards, and it was odd hearing them after being deaf for so long. Everyone was being so kind and supportive, and it was safe to say that Harrison couldn't keep the smile off his face which was the whole reason you got the implant in the first place.

Harrison manages to pull you away from the other lifeguards and cups your chin in his hands, "this is the third best day in my whole life. The first two were when you said yes to marrying me, and then our wedding day."

You blush, "it will take some adjustment, I'm a little overwhelmed with all these new sounds and noises, but we'll get through this together."

He smiles, "till death do us part."

"Till death do us part," you reply, knowing this was the first chapter in the next stage of your life.