Jake

JAKE

y/n had just performed a textbook rescue on a rather muscular and hard looking guy, and when y/n walked back up to the rhino he decided to repay y/n for saving his life, by slapping her on the ass and laughing with his friends.

y/n wasn't one of those people who liked confrontation, but I couldn't just stand back and let this guy sexually harass a fellow lifeguard and best friend. She looks at me with pleading eyes to leave well alone, but I wasn't one to walk away from a confrontation.

I storm over to the guy and tap him on the back, only realising when he turns around that he could kill me if he wanted to.

"Can I help you mate?"

I shake my head, "I'm not your mate, why did you sexually harass the lifeguard who just saved your life?"

He laughs loudly, "it's all in good fun, I bet she loved it. Who are you, her boyfriend?"

"No, but I'm the person who's going to radio the tower to get the Police down here and escort you off the beach mate," I reply semi cockily because I felt like I had the upper hand as I tapped the radio on my waist.

The large guy stops laughing and glares daggers at me, "you wouldn't dare."

I snort, "just you watch me."

I go to lift the radio up to call the tower when I see a fist come flying straight at my face. I turn my head just in time, but he lands a blow square on my nose causing me to stumble backwards.

"JAKE!" y/n screams, rushing to my side.

I bring a hand up to my aching nose and when I look down at my hand I see it covered in blood, "I'm okay y/n."

The guy and his three friends start running back up the beach as y/n guides me back to the rhino.

"Tower this is y/n, the guys are looking to go up the third ramp to escape," y/n radios in.

"Reidy and Singlets are going to chase them down y/n, do you guys need any assistance down there," Deano replies calmly.

y/n puts me on the back of the rhino and tries to find the first aid kit, but it was nowhere in sight, "I'm fine y/n really, just give me a tower and the bleeding will stop."

y/n bites her lip, "no you're not, the nose could be broken Jake, I'm going to get someone to run down the first aid kit so please humour me. It's the least I can do after you took a punch to the nose for me."

I sigh and pick up a towel using it to cover my still bleeding nose, "I'd do it again y/n, no one should have to be taken advantage of for just doing their job."

y/n smiles, "thank you Jake, but maybe next time pick on someone your own size."

Just then Yatesy comes jogging towards us holding the first aid kit which he hands to y/n.

"Why is he bleeding? Deano didn't tell me anything."

y/n rolls her eyes, "because he's an idiot Yatesy."

Yatesy takes the towel away from me and tilts my face to the left, "I didn't know idiocy caused people to start spontaneously bleeding from their nose."

I winch, "I think it's a new phenomenon."

y/n explains what happened to Yatesy who visibly got worked up when y/n mentioned the harassment, but the concern turned into humour when she mentioned how big the guy was and how brave I was to confront him.

"Your nose is broken Jake, so I'm going to have Deano call an ambulance."

Yatesy walks away to radio the tower leaving y/n to jump up onto the back of the rhino with me, "I'll never be able to thank you enough Jake."

Ignoring the throbbing pain in my nose I manage to casually sling an arm around her shoulder, "you never have to thank me y/n, I was just doing my job as a lifeguard and best friend. I'll always have your back."

"Looks like Reidy tackled the bloke and Singlets rounded up the friends," Deano's crackly voice comes through y/n's radio.

y/n shakes her head before resting it on my shoulder, today had been a long and interesting day for the two of us, never a dull day on Bondi Beach.