Maxi

Y/N

You and Maxi were positioned up the North end of the beach near the kiddie pool so you weren't expecting many interesting rescues or events taking place.

"I spy with my little eye something beginning with r," Maxi speaks up next to you in the rhino.

The two of you had been playing I spy for the past hour as a way to pass the time.

You sigh loudly, "Is it rip? If so I used that one last week Maxi."

He shakes his head, "Nope, keep guessing y/n."

You were confused, there weren't many things beginning with r around us. Usually Maxi picked pretty obvious things which you guessed on the first turn, but now he decides to toughen things.

While Maxi watches the water grinning like the Cheshire Cat, you stare around the beach trying to locate an r related thing but come up blank.

"I give up, you win this round Maxi," you huff, and fold your arms across your chest.

Maxi turns to face you and does his little happy dance which never failed to make you smile.

He stops dancing and awes, "oh my god! Your smile, it's so cute—"

You didn't want to be known as cute so you quickly change your expression to one of surprise, but Maxi only continues to giggle, "Aw, even your surprised look is cute!"

Now you feel your cheeks blushing, "um...I...uh..."

You turn your face away from Maxi, but he doesn't let you face away from him for long before he reaches over and with his hands brings your face back around to face him, "you're adorable."

You shake your head, "no I'm not, but t-thank you!"

He releases your face and smiles widely, "you're very welcome y/n."

You chew your lip wanting to change the subject because the camera crew weren't that far away capturing every second of yours and Maxi's interaction, "err what was the r thing?"

Maxi snorts and points at something next to you on the sand, "rectangular lunch box."

Your eyes widen seeing a kids red plastic lunch box discarded not too far away from a family, "you have to be kidding me Maxi that was impossible to get and doesn't make sense. It's a lunch box," you gasp.

He shrugs his shoulders, "maybe, but its rectangular in shape and it isn't stated anywhere in the rules that I can't be specific y/n."

You throw your arms up in defeat but had to give him props. You kept complaining that you wanted a challenge and Maxi had thrown you a curveball.