Reidy

REIDY

Yesterday had been a tough day for y/n, there were some tourists from England who were fake drowning in order to be rescued by her which not only annoyed y/n but the rest of the lifeguards because someone could be actually be drowning and y/n would be preoccupied. It also didn't help that they wouldn't lie on the boards correctly, instead choosing to stare at y/n's chest which got my blood boiling from the beach.

The second she came out of the water I could see irritation written across her face, so I pulled her against me and kissed the top of her head. The boys faked drowning ten minutes later, so I went in and gave them a stern lecture while y/n retreated to the tower and Hoppo sent H down because he could scare the shit out of people.

Today was her day off but I still had to go to work. When I left the apartment we shared together y/n was still in bed hiding under the covers stating she didn't want to deal with the world today.

Now I was back and it looked like she hadn't moved all day and it was concerning, "y/n are you okay?"

"I'm dead, I'm dying, leave me be. I'll just rot away here in my own misery, doomed and whatever," she mumbles from under the sheets.

I sigh, "what if I said I'd take you out for drinks and pizza?"

y/n peeks out from under the covers, "maybe..."

I smile knowing I had won. Kicking off my shoes I lie on the bed next to her and she emerges, and snuggles against me, "there will always be good days and bad days y/n, it's all a part of the job."

y/n pouts, "I hate when you're right Reidy. I guess it's been a while since I've had to deal with jerks like that. I'm surprised you didn't hit them."

I stroke her hair, "trust me I wanted to, but then that would mean a trip to Hoppo's office and a lecture about being nice to everyone even if we want to snap."

y/n laughs, "I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have minded, it was his suggestion to send H down. I've never seen Hoppo go that red in the face before."

I lean down and peck her lips, "no one gets to stare at my girlfriend's chest except me."

y/n cuddles against me more, "can we order in instead of going out? I'm comfortable like this."

I nod, "we sure can since we both have a day off tomorrow."

y/n looks up and wiggles her eyebrows, tonight was going to be a good night and we could forget work.