Jethro

JETHRO

I was on tower duty when y/n comes storming into the tower like a bat out of hell. She'd just done a rescue, which as far as I could tell from up here was textbook. She slumps down in the chair next to me which Harrison had vacated to go assist on another rescue further down the beach.

"People are...awful. I don't like them," y/n huffs.

"Not all—"

"Do not complete that sentence if you want to keep all your teeth, Jethro," y/n cuts me off, glaring daggers at me.

I was a little taken aback because normally y/n was such a calm and mellow person, but this was like a whole new person sat in front of me and it kind of scared me, "the rescue looked like it went great."

y/n shakes her head and clenches her fists, "I rescue the girl, then her boyfriend who was on the beach shoved me when she thanked me and gave me a hug, before spitting in my face and called me a whore."

Now I wasn't expecting that. It was a common fact amongst lifeguards that y/n swung both ways and it had slipped on the TV show courtesy of Yatesy, and now she'd become self-conscious that everyone was judging her on the beach. Some people approved of her lifestyle while others weren't so kind.

y/n unclenches her fists and a tear runs down her cheek which she quickly wipes away, "I'm not a whore," she mumbles under her breath.

I push my chair closer to hers and reach out my hand to wipe some more tears away, "you're not a whore y/n, you're the nicest person I know and we all love you for being you. Don't let some ignorant pig who doesn't even know you get to you like this."

y/n sniffles and stares directly at me, all the anger gone from behind her eyes, "thanks, I guess it's my first encounter and I wasn't expecting it to be that brutal."

I nod, "it can only go up from here. And if anyone gives you anymore hell you know that all of us will fight on your side."

y/n snorts, "even you with your tiny muscles?"

I scoff, "how dare you say that I have amazing muscles y/n," I flex, and fail to show any muscle only making y/n laugh even more. It was nice to hear her laugh, and joke around instead of being sad and angry.

"Don't worry I love your tiny muscles, it makes mine look so much bigger," she jokes, flexing her own muscles which were bigger because she'd trained longer than I had.

I shake my head and y/n takes me by surprise, by sitting on my lap and wrapping her arms around me, "you really are the best Jethro, I don't tell you that enough. You're my best friend and I wouldn't replace you for any other lifeguard."

I smile and hug her back, "ah well I'm flattered."

We sit there for the next few minutes just hugging and not saying anything. It was moments like these not captured on camera which really showed just how much of a family the Bondi Rescue lifeguards were to one another.