Harries

Y/N

"Harries, if you don't stop jumping around like the Duracell bunny we are not going to the beach today," you scold, jokingly of course, but your over-excited husband stops jumping around like a madman.

"You don't mean that right y/n?" he pouts.

You shake your head, "of course I'm not being serious, it's just I spent all day yesterday cleaning this place and you're making it messy again."

Harries strolls over to you and wraps his arms around you, resting his chin on top of your head because of the height difference, "thank you for making our home lovely y/n, but now we've got to get to the beach."

You roll your eyes and push him away, today was going to be an interesting day. You'd taken your son down to the beach when he was only a few weeks old to baptise him as Harries called it, and now he was slightly older Harries wanted to see if he still liked the water because he had high hopes one day your son would be a lifeguard just like his father.

Harries goes into your son's room while you pack everything into a beach bag, and you can't help but snap a picture on your phone when they return, because your son looked adorable in his wetsuit.

"To the beach we go," you call out.

Harries all but rushes out of the front door, leaving you to lock up. You had your fingers crossed that your son now being six months old still liked the water because you didn't want to deal with a heartbroken Harries.

~Time Skip~

You and Harries walk into the lifeguard tower, Harries holding your son proudly showing him off to all the other lifeguards.

"Today's the big day then," Bisho pipes up.

You nod and cross your fingers behind Harries back, earning some chuckles from Deano and Jesse, "I'll be down in a couple of minutes Harries."

Harries doesn't need to be told twice before he exits the tower and heads down the beach. You lean against the wall and take a deep breath, "I really hope he likes the water, I don't need a pouting husband after all of this."

Deano stands up and walks over to you, pulling you into a brotherly hug, being your older brother after all, "it will all work out y/n trust me. His dads a lifeguard and his mums an ex Olympic swimmer, it runs in the family genes."

You sigh and hug him back, "well I better head down there and do damage control. See you guys later."

The three lifeguards wave at you as you leave the tower to follow after your husband and son.

You walk over to the kid side of the beach and spot your husband paddling in the water holding your son, who had a smile on his face which put you at ease.

"Look at my two water boys looking all cosy in the waves," you laugh, taking your phone out to snap another picture, which Harries poses for because he loved the camera.

"See what did I tell you y/n, just like his mum and dad," Harries awes, tickling your son who was giggling uncontrollably.

You kick off your shoes and step into the shallow water, Harries handing your son to you, "if you don't want to be a lifeguard when you're older mummy can make you into an Olympic swimmer who wins lots of medals."

Harries stands up next to you and folds his arms across his chest defensively, "that will be a discussion for a later date y/n."

You roll your eyes at your husband's mock dramatics and blow him a kiss, "love you, babe."

His eyes soften and he hugs the two of you in a wet embrace, "I love you, even more, I can't believe we made this little one y/n."

You snort, "oh I can, because someone was really persistent back in the early days."

Harries leans down and brushes his lips across yours, "and it all worked out, in the end, y/n."