Deano

MONDAY

Y/N

It had been a quiet day in the coffee shop you owned and ran in Bondi just off the main street. You had your locals and tourists never strayed down here which meant you had enough business to pay the rent each month and had a good laugh with your regulars. You were just wiping the last table down when you hear the little bell above the door go off indicating you had a customer. You let out a frustrated sigh because it was ten minutes to closing and no one ever came in so usually you got off early.

Throwing the cloth under the counter you straightened your apron and glanced up at the customer. He had his back to you and was transfixed with looking outside, just what you needed another weirdo. You clear your throat and the person turns around, your breath catches in your throat as you take in their familiar appearance. Deano from Bondi Rescue was in your coffee shop.

He makes his way towards the counter, and you watch as his eyes scan the menu behind you. When you were younger you were obsessed with Bondi Rescue, but now you were older you'd matured and respected the work the lifeguards did on a daily basis.

"I'll have a latte..."

"y/n my name is y/n."

He smiles, "a pretty name for a pretty girl. That's all I'll have for today."

You somehow manage to contain your blush and inner fangirl as you set about making his drink, you notice him take a seat on one of the stools by the counter and you swear you can see his eyes trailing down your body.  Which was odd because he was in a relationship.

"Will it be take out or sitting in?"

"Err take out...the fans should have gone by now."

You were a little disappointed by his answer, of course, he couldn't stay because he had places to be instead of talking to coffee shop girls. You finish his drink and slide it across the counter, he goes to pay but you put your hand out to stop him.

"On the house, just don't get used to it Mr."

"Thanks, y/n."

He picks up the drink and quickly leaves the shop leaving you alone once more.

TUESDAY

It was ten minutes till closing and you'd managed to usher a few stragglers out, all of last night you couldn't get Deano off your mind. You'd always dreamt of meeting him in person and now you had. The little bell above the door rang and like yesterday you walk behind the counter throwing the cloth down and straighten your apron before looking up and locking eyes with the last person you expected to see. Deano was back and smiling at your shocked expression.

"Err Deano what are you doing back? I mean I'm glad, but a little confused."

It came out in a ramble and immediately you feel like a dork.

Deano throws his head back and laughs, "I'm fine. Yesterday I found this little coffee shop and it did the best latte I've ever tasted so I decided to come back to get another one. So I'll have two to sit in please."

You quirk an eyebrow at him as you jot down the order, you glance around the shop and notice that it's just the two of you,  "Err Deano I know you said you liked it but maybe you should only order one."

"The others for you y/n. I want to get to know you better."

You were a little surprised that he wanted to get to know you better but you weren't about to turn him down.

"Okay you grab a table and I'll bring over the drinks."

He salutes you before turning and picking a table. You quickly make the drinks and carry them over to the sofa table he had claimed. You put his in front of him and slide onto the sofa opposite him.