Hoppo

Y/N

Today was a very rare day indeed. You couldn't remember the last time you and your fiancé Hoppo had the same day off from work. Hoppo was head lifeguard for Waverly Council, and you were a journalist for a local news channel so both your jobs were hectic and long hours.

Slipping out of bed not wanting to wake Hoppo, you head into the kitchen and decide to make the two of you breakfast in bed. You manage to cook a rather nice breakfast the two of you could enjoy, Hoppo being super healthy while you liked to binge unhealthy food on your days off.

Balancing two trays on top of one another you slip back into the bedroom only to find Hoppo awake and sat up in bed watching you with amusement.

"Do you need any help y/n?" he asks.

You shake your head, "nope, I got this far and I will make it all the way."

A couple of minutes later you hand Hoppo his tray and slide back under the duvet before resting your own tray on your lap. Your fiancé slips an arm around your shoulder pulling you towards him so you could cuddle and eat breakfast together.

"Thank you y/n, this looks beautiful. A nice way to wake up on a day off."

Before you can reply with something soppy and sarcastic on his bedside table Hoppo's phone pings. You had a pact that today there would be no phones because phones meant work and the two of you just wanted to relax and enjoy each other's company.

"Sorry," he says, reaching over to switch off the phone, "I told the guys to leave me alone today."

You smile and snuggle against him, "no problem, it's hard to turn your phone off when your life revolves around it."

Hoppo leans over and kisses your cheek, "what are our plans for the rest of the day y/n?"

You dig into your bacon and eggs, and after a few bites pause and face Hoppo, "after breakfast I was thinking we could cuddle some more, then maybe do some more intense cuddling, and go from there."

He grins, "I like the sound of this day y/n, breakfast, then cuddling, then 'intense' cuddling. I should have more days off with you."

You pinch him, "dirty minded guy, is that all guys think about?"

Hoppo pouts and rubs his arm, "I work with a tonne of shirtless guys three hundred and sixty-five days of the year y/n, let me have something to dream about," he chuckles.

You can't help but crack a smile, "well now you put it like that I can forgive you. Now eat your breakfast before it gets cold."

He salutes you, and the two of you dig into your breakfast, turning the TV on after a while to a random channel, not watching it because the two of you had so much to catch up on, along with planning a wedding which was a lot of hassle. Today was going to be perfect, and neither of you wanted to go back to work tomorrow.