11

Well. A dinner date.. today. Fuck.

I'm saying fuck like it's a bad thing when it's really not. I mean, I've been waiting for this for the months I've been in America. Right?

I got in the shower last night so I would smell fine for the date tonight, and not have to deal with showering now. I had my own bathroom which was nice. I got dressed and fancied myself up with perfume and makeup. 

My nerves were on an all-time high. How long has it been since I've been on a date? Years? I heard a knock on my door, I jumped. I walked to the door and opened it, just to see Emerson standing there, I sighed in relief. 

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Remington wanted me to tell you to meet him outside when you're ready," Emerson sighed gently. I nodded. I grabbed my belongings and headed outside.

I went out the front door and saw Remington standing there, I just hoped the theme we were going for was casual, which it ended up being. Another sigh of relief. 

Remington turned around and smiled softly.  I saw a rose in his hand, romantic. 

"You look... wow," Remington said, walking over to where I was plastered. I nodded.

"You look... wow," I repeated, we both laughed. 

As we walked to the car, Remington handed me the rose. 

                                                      +++

We arrived at the restaurant, a faint smile on my face as we pulled up to a pizza place. Not very classy but who doesn't love pizza..? Vegans. Vegans don't like pizza.

Remington came around and opened my door for me, I smiled at him and got out of the car. We walked into the pizza place and ordered.

                                                    +++ 

The entire night was filled with fun. After pizza we walked around.. out on a whim, we did an escape room which was fun. We were back in the car heading home.