Chapter Nine

*Mitch's P.O.V.*

    After a few hours of just having fun together, we all sat down to rest. Then, Adam got an idea, and you know that when he gets an idea, there's a 94% chance that it's not going to end well.

    "Let's play spin the bottle!" he said excitedly, and before anyone could object, he grabbed an empty bottle. We all sighed, reluctantly making a circle on the ground. I was sitting next Rob and Mat. "This is kind of awkward, considering I'm the only girl here," Ashley said in her British accent. Mat wrapped his arm around his girlfriend.

    "I'll go first!" Adam said and spun the bottle. It stopped on me. Oh great. "Dunz hate me, Rob!" I said before Adam's and my lips met. It lasted three seconds and he pulled away. He winked at me, but I knew he was joking. I winked back at him, earning both of us playful punches from our boyfriends.

    "Well, it's my turn," I said and spun the bottle. It landed on... Jerome. Our gazes met. I smiled at him and crawled over towards him. I leaned in towards him and our lips met. For some reason, my heart skipped a beat when our lips touched. And, the kiss lasted five seconds, two seconds over the expected time. I knew this was probably awkward for him, so I broke the connection. When I looked back into Jerome's eyes, they shone with happiness. I sat back down and kept quiet as the game continued.

    Was it bad that I enjoyed the kiss?

                      *Jerome's P.O.V.*

   He kissed me! Sure, it might have only been for the game, but he kissed me! Plus, it lasted five seconds. I was a little sad when he pulled away, but I was too overcome with happiness to care. I had to keep myself from blurting out my feelings and from smiling like a fool, again.

    The game went on as usual. Mat and Ashley, as well as Mitch and Rob, ended up kissing, which was good. It wasn't as weird as when Preston kissed Rob. But it was super adorable when Ty and Adam kissed, though. I think, after that, it was pretty hard for any of us to not ship Skylox, seeing as it was real now. Everyone did end up kissing someone eventually, but those were the most noteworthy ones. The strange thing was that Mitch was silent during the whole game, unless it was his turn. Did our kiss make him feel uncomfortable?

    Finally, we all grew tired of playing spin the bottle. Rob, Preston, Mat, and Ashley left after that. Adam and Ty's plane was taking off tomorrow at noon, so we let them crash here for the night. We were all talking causally when Mitch took Adam aside, to his room upstairs. I wonder what that was about.

                       *Mitch's P.O.V.*

    Once everyone was gone, I had to talk to someone about that kiss I shared with Jerome. Considering the fact that I kept Adam's secret for him, I took him aside from the group. I brought him upstairs into my room and closed the door behind us. "What do you need, Mitch?" he asked me, confused.

    "Adam, please promise me you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you," I told him. He crossed his heart and waited for me to speak again. I took a deep breath and said in a soft voice, "I think I like Jerome."

    "Really dood?! Why do you say that?" he asked again, a little loudly. This made me a bit more worried about the fact that someone might hear our conversation. "When we kissed, my heart skipped a beat, and I enjoyed it. I think he did as well," I said.

    Then, someone knocked on my door, making me jump a little. Ty opened the door and said, "Hey, come on, Adam. They guys are all going to bed and we're going to share the pull-out mattress downstairs." Adam patted my back and said, "We'll talk later." I gave him a small smile and watched as they left, hand in hand. I closed the door and began to undress. When I was in my boxers, I turned off the light and lay down in bed. After a while of just staring at the ceiling, I sat up in bed. I couldn't stop thinking of that gosh dang kiss, and how it made me feel. 'I'm going to get a drink, to get my mind off things.' I thought to myself.

    I got out of my bed and quietly tiptoed out of my room. I made my way downstairs and through the living room. I looked at Adam and Ty to see them cuddled up together. I smiled and continued on my journey to the fridge.

    When I got to the kitchen, I opened the fridge and saw a Dr. Pepper can in there. There wasn't anything else that I wanted to drink in there, so I grabbed it and popped it open. I took a sip as I made my way back to my room. Then, I saw a little light coming from Jerome's room. His door was open a crack and I pushed it open a bit more to see inside. I saw Jerome lying on his bed with his head phones on. The lamp on the nightstand next to his bed was on as well. I smiled to myself as I walked to the side of his bed. I turned on his phone, typed in his password that I knew from memory, and stopped his music. I knew then that he was fast asleep. I took his head phones off and set them down on his desk. Then, just as I was about to turn off his light, I saw something lying on top of his chest. It was a notebook. His arm was lying on top of it, so I gently moved it out of the way. I picked up the notebook and Jerome stirred in his sleep. I froze in place until I knew it was safe to move again.

    I looked at the cover of the notebook and saw the words 'Jerome's Journal' written across the top. I knew that I shouldn't read what was inside, but my curiosity got the better of me. I flipped open the book and skipped to the last paragraph of the latest entry. It was from today. It read:

    'Today, Mitch regained his memory. I was so happy when he remembered me because he held my hand. It was awesome! Then, the guys, and Ashley, threw a party for him. After that, we played spin the bottle. It was Adam's idea, if you couldn't tell. Also, Adam and Ty are now dating! Skylox is real! They even kissed! But, the best part was when Mitch kissed me during the game. It was truly great, and it lasted two seconds over the limit time. I almost blurted out my feelings for him right then and there. I wonder if he enjoyed it was well? Oh well...

                                                                              -Jerome'

    Once I was done reading it, I looked at Jerome. He was smiling in his sleep, making me smile. I put the book down on his desk as well as the pen that was in his hand. Then, I leaned down and kissed his forehead. "Good night, my little Bacca," I whispered. I got up, left his room, and went back to bed. I took one last sip of my Dr. Pepper and finally fell asleep.