Chapter Thirteen

*Jerome's P.O.V.*

    I thought I might've had a chance to go out with Mitch now that he was single, and now he's saying that he already loves someone?! That "someone" couldn't be me; Mitch was too good for me. He would forever think of me as a friend, nothing more, nothing less. I would just have to move on. It was never going to work out.

    I gave him a small smile and said, "That someone would be very lucky to have someone like you." Mitch smiled back and said, "I know that they would be very happy, maybe even surprised."

    "Well, I better upload a video and I think I'll just relax in my room. See ya," I said, getting up and walking towards the door. "Bye bye!" he said as I walked into my room. I closed my door and leaned up against it. I slid down it until I was sitting down. A tear found its way down my cheek and I knew there was more to come. It was probably stupid to be crying about what I was, which was Mitch, but I was. I sat there, sobbing in the silence. At least no one could hear me...

                          *    *    *    *    *

    Night came surprising fast. I guess time flys when you're crying about your love. I was at the point that there weren't even any tears, just a broken heart. I sucked it up and stood up. I knew that Mitch was about to go to bed because I heard a pair of footsteps come up the stairs. I heard his door closed and I walked out of mine. I knocked on his door and he said, "Come in!" I opened the door a crack and saw Mitch, shirtless. Oh God, he was so handsome. Stop that Jerome, he doesn't like you. Get over it.

    "Uh, I was just making sure you were doing alright, and I wanted to say good night," I said, my brain being distracted by Mitch's beauty. Every night that Mitch and I were together, we would always say good night to each other before going to bed. It was just something that we did. 

    "I'm good, and good night, Jerome!" Mitch said before I closed his door again. I sighed and walked back into my room. I closed the door behind me and started to undress. I striped until I was only in my boxers and turned off the light. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes. I fell asleep in a dreamless sleep.

                         *Mitch's P.O.V.*

    I climbed into bed after Jerome said good night to me. It was a cute little thing that he always did when we were together. I then fell sound asleep.

    In what seemed like no time at all, my eyes fluttered open, revealing bright sunlight shining in through my window. I sat up in bed and stretched. Then, I realized what today was. I threw off my blanket and jumped out of bed. I got excited again just thinking about what was going to happen later today. I was going to tell my love that I did indeed love him too.

    I threw on some clothes and ran out of my room. I sprinted down the hallway to the last room, which was Ian's. I knocked on his door and waited. I heard him moving around and a second later, he was standing in the doorway. "What do you want, Mitch?" he asked, rubbing one eye. I raised an eyebrow, surprised that he hadn't remembered the plan for today. Then, his eyes widened and he said, "Oh, yeah. Let me get dressed." When he had answered the door, he was only in his boxers. He closed his door and I continued to wake up Jason and Ryan. We all met in the living room once we were all ready.

    "Okay, so Ian and I will go get everything set up at the lake at three o'clock. That should take around two hours to finish, so it'll be five once we're done. Then, you two will take Jerome somewhere that will occupy him for long enough that I can cook the steak, which will take half an hour. After that, I'll leave just before you guys get back here and get the food ready at the lake. By then, it'll be 7:00. I'll just hang at the park until you guys bring Jerome there at nine. Got it?" I explained the plan to them again. They nodded their heads just as Jerome walked down the stairs.

    "Good morning, biggums," I said, smiling at him. He gave me a half smile and sat down next to me on the couch. "So, what are you guys all doing up?" Jerome asked us. I glanced at them and said, "Um, we were all just up and decided to hang out. We didn't want to wake you." Jerome bought the lie, nodding his head. I then stood up, realizing that I needed to upload a video today. "I've got to upload a video. I'll be back soon," I said and walked back up to my room. I checked the clock that sat on my nightstand and saw that it was 11:30. I sighed, wishing that it was closer to three. I couldn't wait to see Jerome's face when he sees what I did for him.

    I choose a Hunger Games video that I had done with Vik and Rob to upload. I uploaded it and glanced at the clock to see it was now noon. I got up and walked back downstairs. The guys were eating the leftover pizza. Ryan saw me and said, "There's one piece left in the kitchen for you, Mitch." I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the slice of pizza. I came back into the living room and saw that Jason had moved from his spot on the couch next to Jerome. I glanced at him and he just smiled. I grinned back and took a bit of pizza. Then, Ryan said, "Why don't we watch a couple scary movies?!" We all agreed, except Jerome. But, he reluctantly went along with watching the movie.

    We decided to watch Paranormal Activity 1 and 2. We blocked out all of the light from getting into the house as well as turning off all of the lights. Then, we popped some popcorn. I put the popcorn bowl on the coffee table and we started the movie. It wasn't all the scary, for me at least. Jerome, on the other hand, seemed scared out of his mind. At one of the jump scares, Jerome buried his head into my chest. I looked down at him and wrapped my arm around him. He looked up at me and I grinned at him. For both of the movies, Jerome stayed curled up next to me. I kept my arm around him as he snuggled up close to me. I could tell that he was happy where he was. And so was I.

    After the movies were done, Jason turned on the lights. He saw how I had my arm around Jerome's shoulder and couldn't suppress a huge smile. I glared at him, my look telling him not to blow my cover. His smile instantly faded.

    I moved my arm from around Jerome's shoulder and looked at my phone. It was 2:48. Ian and I should be leaving now.

    I stood up and said, "Ian and I have to go. We're going to hang with Rob and Preston." Jerome glanced up at me, an unbelieving look on his face. Not knowing what to do, I grabbed the keys to Ian's car and said, "We'll see you later." I grabbed Ian's wrist and dragged him outside and tossed him the keys. I climbed into the passenger seat while Ian started the car. We drove off towards the lake.

    The lake was in a little park about 15 minutes away from the TC house. It was tucked away in the corner of the park and it was a place that Jerome and I discovered a while back. We would both go there every time we're in town and we want some peace and quiet. Tonight was going to be clear, so that meant we could lie under a blanket of stars. Even if we were in a pretty big city, from the lake, you could still see quite a few stars on a clear night.

    We pulled into the parking lot next to the park and got out. We unloaded a small table and two chairs from the car and lugged them to the lake. We set the table on the grass next to the shore as well as the chairs. I ran back to the car and grabbed the plates, forks, and knifes. I brought them back to the shore and placed the perfectly on the table. Both Ian and I went back this time and brought back everything else that we needed. At five on the dot, after a couple of hours of getting everything ready, we were finally done. Lights were strung from the branches that hung over the table. The table was set and all was perfect.

    And I knew Jerome would love it.