Chapter Eleven

*Jerome's P.O.V.*

    I was pacing my room by now. It was 10:56 a.m. and Adam and Ty were going to leave in about 30 minutes. I had to get my mind off Mitch, and fast. I was starting to go crazy! Well, crazier than normal.

    I did the one thing that always got my mind off things; listen to my music. I don't know why, but it just helped. I guess it was because I would focus more on the lyrics instead of everything else.

    I got my phone and head phones and started my music. I choose a song at random and it happened to be the Hunger Games Song by, you guessed it! Mitch. If you didn't guess that then you are stupid, or just haven't heard of that song. Mitch didn't sing in it, but he had come up with the idea for it and produced it. I changed the song quickly to something else, and it was a Monstercat song called Dragon Pirates. I sighed and relaxed into my bed. Great, peaceful music.

                          *Mitch's P.O.V.*

    I decided to spend the last thirty minutes that Adam and Ty were going to be here for with them. Jason, Ian, and Ryan had finally got up and joined us. We causally chated with each other until Ryan brought up Jerome.

    "So, where's Jerome?" he asked. I almost instantly tensed and looked down. "Yeah, Jerome and Mitch had woken me up from a great dream!" Jason said crossing his arms. "Uh, he's relaxing in his room," I said, glancing up to see them all staring at me. I put my hands up defensively and said, "We were just hanging out when he said that he wanted to relax."

    Then, I heard footsteps come down the stairs and turned around to see Jerome walking over to us. He gave us a weak smile, making eye contact with everyone but me. I guess he was still a bit shaken up about what happened a short while ago. "Hey guys," he said, sitting next to Ryan. I was sitting on his other side and I could barely see Jerome. I assume he wanted it that way.

    Out of nowhere, my phone buzzed in my pocket. The others talked while I quietly checked the new text I got from Rob.

Rob - Hey, honey. We need to talk. Meet me @ Preston's place around noon. Thx

    I stared at my phone in confusion. What could possibly be that important that I come over at noon? Preston's place was on the other side of town; at least a 45 minute drive from here. I quickly texted back.

Mitch - Okay, I'll get there as quickly as I can. See you then.

    I put my phone back in my pocket and stood up. The guys looked up at me and I said, "I've got to go talk with Rob at Preston's place. I'll be back soon." I gave Adam and Ty a hung good bye and ran to the door. I stopped, realizing that I was hungry. I sprinted to the fridge and grabbed a slice of cold pizza. I ran right out of the house, slamming the door shut behind me. I climbed into my car, which was a little bug, barely able to fit two people in. It was parked on the grass since we were ovbiously not going to use it.

    I drove it onto the road and towards my meeting place with Rob. As I rode onto the highway, I grew more and more curious about what Rob needed to talk to me about.

                            *    *    *    *    * 

    I pulled into Preston's driveway. His house was a quant, one-story building with a good sized backyard. Whenever Jerome and I were in town, he would invite us over for some BBQ. He was a good guy.

    I put the car into park and checked the time. It was 11:58 in the morning. I just barely made it before lunch. I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. I was just about to knock when the door swung open. Rob stood in the doorway and he looked releaved. "Come in," he said, moving out of my way so I could come inside. I walked in and sat down on the couch in the living room. Rob closed the door and sat down next to me. He seemed tense, which made me worry. "Are you okay?" I asked him, placing a hand on his hand that was resting on his lap.

    "Yeah, I'm fine. Just, don't hate me," he said, looking down and twiddling his thumbs. "Why would I hate you? I love you," I said, which wasn't a lie. I did love him, just not as much as Jerome.

    He took a deep breath and said, "I think I love Preston." After this, I felt a mix of emotions. I was shocked and surprised, and yet I was relieved as well. Rob looked up at me, worry filling his eyes because I hadn't replied to his statement. I gave him a soft smile and said, "That's great." Rob looked a little surprised by comment. I explained to him, "I believe I love Jerome." He matched my his with his own, but then frowned. "I guess that means, we're breaking up." I gave him a hug, afraid that either of us were going to start crying. "Just know that I'll always love you," I whispered to him.

    I then stood up and gave him one last kiss on the cheek. As I turned, Rob asked, "What about the fans?" I looked over my shoulder and said, "You can tell them, if you want to." He nodded his head and I continued to walk out of the house. I got outside and walked up to my car. Just before I got inside the car, I saw Preston walk out of the garage. "Did Rob tell you?" he asked me, walking over to me. I nodded my head and said, "I'm fine. We ended it on good terms. He likes you, and I like Jerome." Before he could say anything else, I climbed into my car and drove away. Once I reached the highway, my thoughts began to wonder.

    Then, like a light bulb going off, I got an ingenious idea. Man, he was going love it!

(P.S. - Dragon Pirates is like, one of my favorite songs ever! Besides Frame of Mind. :3 )