Chapter 20

Mama

I walked towards my door and took my keys out of my purse. Before opening it, I took my gun out, something didn't feel right. I walked in to find Vince, laying on the floor, bleeding. I knew it wasn't the time to cry so I ran up to him, picked him up & carried him to the car.

When we pulled up to the hospital, I got somebody to get him on a stretcher. They took him to a room and I waited in the waiting room. I don't know what to do. The only thing I did was pray and cry. I couldn't stay there anymore so I left and went to check up on Diamond.  Her car was in the driveway so I assumed she was home.

I knocked. She came to the door and we locked eyes, she fell in my arms and we cried together. "It'll be okay," I say with hope. I needed those words as much as she did.

We sat in silence for a minute until Diamond asked, "what am gonna do? I can't go to college without knowing he's okay. We go to college in just a few weeks."

"Come with me." We get up and got in the car. "Where are we going?" She asked.

"My house."

We pulled in my driveway and got out. Her and I went through the back to avoid the tragedy that occurred in the front. Walking to Vince's room, I opened a safe. I rambled until I found a letter. "Read this."

She opened it. She looked at me and said "He wrote me a poem. It basically said said that life was too short to be upset. If something from the past came back from his past to hurt him, I should remember him for all his good. Then at the bottom of the paper, I said that sometimes, people come into your life to make you a better person. If they leave or perish, the lesson is that life goes on."

I started crying. Tears came down her face also.

I got a call from the hospital saying that I needed to come down there. I'm holding onto hope. We rushed to the hospital and hopped out. I ran as fast as possible to the front desk. The lady had sadness written all over her face as she told me "Y-your son is gone. I'm so sorry for your lost."

I couldn't take this anymore. I bursted into tears. Why? He didn't deserve any of this. I guess I was causing a scene. Security escorted Diamond and I out of the building.

Diamond didn't want to go home so she's staying with me.

I laid in my husband's arms all night and we cried together.

I know I'll stop crying eventually. Just not now.