Chapter 23

I went home last night leaving Trap's house and contemplated. I knew I was going to go through with it, I just had to find a way to look innocent. When I was sure about of my idea, I went to see Trap.

Pulling up, I texted him to tell him to come out and to bring some ski masks and gloves. He came out in seconds with the masks and gloves.

"Okay, you're here. Listen carefully. If we have to shoot, we're going to make this look like we had to defend ourselves, you know? Self defense. I'm going to tell him that I wanted to make things right between us. If I decide to add anything extra, go with it,"

I explain while looking at my phone to see that Trey texted me. He said, "I knew you wanted me, haha. Don't feel bad, I want you, too. I'm on my way." He's such an idiot sometimes.

He nods in agreement.

I told Trap to hide in the kitchen until he hears something going down. My house isn't that far. We got there in no time. "Okay, let's go in," I tell him.

We walked in. Trap ran to the kitchen, far from sight. I went to my dad's safe and got a gun out and then sat on the couch and waited. The door bell rang.

It's time. "Trap, put your mask and gloves on." I ran to the door and let him in.

"Hey, Trey."

He came in and we talked for a few minutes. I started crying. He asked what was wrong and I told him, "Vince is dead!" As more tears fell down.

He stood up and tried to leave until I told him to hold me. He wrapped his arms around me, I had my hands in my pocket, holding onto my pistol. Seconds later, I stepped back, took the gun out of my pocket, and slapped Trey across the face with it.

He fell to the ground. I got down there with him and asked, "who'd you pay to kill Vince?!" He said he didn't know, but something told me he did. I put the barrel of the gun in his mouth and yelled, "you do! I ain't scared to pull this trigger!" He tried to knock the gun away, that was a dumb idea. I pulled the trigger, sending 2 shots down his throat. I then took the gun out of his mouth and aimed at his head.

He's dead for sure. But, I automatically got sick. I started throwing up when I realized what I did. I don't regret it. The whole scene just made me sick.

I ran into the kitchen to see what Trap was doing, since he didn't do what I told him to do.

I ran right into him. The clash sent me to the floor. "Be more careful!" I yelled.

"stand up," he helped me to my feet.

"Where the money?" He asked while pointing his gun at me.

I didn't know what he was talking about, but I wasn't going to get off my guard now.

I didn't answer. I just aimed my gun at him.

"In the back," I lie. He forced me to my room. I looked in a drawer for money that wasn't there. He didn't bother to take my gun. I turned around quickly and shot him 2 times in the leg. He fell to the ground, but he wasn't dead. He aimed at my chest and fired.

We both laid there, waiting to die. I come up with everything else only to end up like this. I guess this is it. Maybe the choice I made wasn't the best, but I can't change it now.

Anger and grief never mixes well.

I prayed and asked for forgiveness as my life came to an end.