Chapter 4

Caliana P.O.V

I got home from my first day of school feeling relieved. As you know I'm pregnant and while my parents kicked me out and basically disowned me, my grandma took me in and helped me a lot. She helped me feel less bad about getting pregnant. She understood that shit happens and said that I should consider myself lucky because there are people out there who can't have kids at all. I have so much respect for my grandma. I just wish she knew the whole story...

My grandma was out running errands so I went up to my room and just decided to look through some old things of mine. I went under my bed and pulled out my big box of childhood memories when I came across my old diary.

"Today my big cousin James touched me in my privacy. It scared me and he told me not to tell anyone or he would hurt me really bad, I don't want him to hurt me bad"

As a kid, around 5 or 6, my older cousin James and his brothers who were around his age as well would molest me. They never popped my cherry and stuck anything anywhere but they would make me give them handjobs and and touch me down there and make me take off my clothes. It really sucks but I'm very grateful it didn't go any further than that and I don't see them often.

I moved on from my diary and came across some old pictures of me and my parents. We looked so happy I had to hold back tears just looking at the photos. Yes, I am an only child and it hurts that they hurt me like that and treated me as if I was nothing. Sometimes I wonder if they really loved me or not...I don't know.

I put my box away and grabbed my laptop and started reading articles on pregnancy. I'm nowhere near ready to be a mother, honestly I really didn't know if I wanted kids or not.  I read about how I need to eat right and doctors appointments and vitamins and all that good stuff, I made a mental note to go to the clinic after school tomorrow.

Ahh my baby's father well him..we don't have the best relationship. He's physically and verbally abusive, in fact I'm pretty sure the baby was conceived when he raped me.

He's not always bad it's just when he's been drinking or smoking he's a whole different person, not the Michael I fell in love with. The more I shut up when he's intoxicated, the less likely it is that he'll hurt me. I know the relationship is far from healthy but some things you can't give up on, and he's one of those things.

******

Alicia P.O.V

I got home from school and went straight to my room cause my dad wasn't here. He's the only person who makes me feel that my family is at least a little bit nice. While I was getting out my comfortable clothes my mom called me into her room, I already know how this is about to go.

"Yes mom?" I said.

"I need you to clean the basement, kitchen, dining room, and the bathroom, and vacuum as well and clean the Windows and make sure you dust off the tv stand too." She said it so nonchalantly like it's cool to treat me like I'm the only one who got hands and feet around here. "I would ask your sisters to do it but they sleep."

I was irritated at this point. "So? You wake me up outta my sleep to clean whenever they're up but when they sleep you never wake them!" I said annoyed I started to walk away "I know you hate me but I can only take so much from my 'mom'." I said walking away hurt.

I swear I try so hard not to break and have a meltdown I come to what's supposed to be home and get treated like a Damn slave, like I'm nothing until my mom or sisters need something. Its not that I don't love them cause I do, I would do anything for them, but when it comes to mom's and sisters no one should have to feel like their parent and siblings despise them for what reason other than they were different looking than everyone else... I have a darker skin complexion than my sister's and mom but I'm the same color as my dad. I don't know man I really try not to be a bitch to them or do any wrong but everything I do for them is wrong, except when something needs to be cleaned or washed or when they're hungry.

Just one more year and I'm out of here...