Ch. 3 Nightfall

As you read the note:

" be careful what you drink at nightfall"

You realized something, " This.. This is!"

" An oracle!" you held the note above your head, as you said out loud.

"Oracle, my ass"

The closed door to Levi's office flung open. There stood Levi,his expression from calm to utter hopelessness.

He facepalm himself as he shook his head, " Don't you know how to knock? And your late.. what do I do with you" he muttered as he glared at you with flames in his eyes through the crack between his fingers.

"Ahaha.." you nervously chuckled, as you followed Levi into his office. You crumpled the piece of paper into your breast pokect.

He sat down at his desk and you sat across from him at his mahogany office table.

As soon as he sat down, he started writing. Silence filled the room except for the "tick toking" sound of the clock hung behind you and the scribbling sound of Levi's pencil making contact on the mahogany table with each stroke.

Your eyes wonder around the room, but you do not dare to look at the time from the clock behind you.

"You have somewhere to go?" Levi suddenly questions, as you returned your gaze on him. His eyes still on the papers in front of him and still writing.

"No, sir", you reply quickly and stretches to keep yourself awake.

"Good" was the only word he said.

Out of curiosity, you started to lean foward in your seat. Trying to look at what Levi is doing.

He tilted his head up to meet your gaze, you froze on the spot.

Corporal Levi cleared his throat said, "..you're blocking my light"

"Oh..sorry" you started to lean back, but was stopped in midair once again, as you looked at Levi's outstrechted hand hovering above the spread out papers between you two.

"Your notes", he simply states, as he looks at you.

Grabbing the notebook that was leaning against the back of your chair, you handed it into his hand before you sat down.

As soon as he got your notebook in his possession, he sat it down beside the papers he was writing on, and contiuned to write down a few more words, before getting up from his seat.

You had already start to wonder, " Why is he keeping me?" You thought about the bed in your room, "..I want to snuggle in my bed right now" Your shoulder slumped a little as your eyes followed Corporal Levi.

Who had got up from his chair and strolled passed you.

A movement caught your attention from the corner of your eye.

You look toward it, the pencil Levi was writing with had started rolling.

You got up from your seat , as you see it disappear at the edge of the table.

Instinctively, walking to where Levi was sitting and kneel down to retrieve the pencil.

You hit your head real hard on the solid mahogony table as you were getting up.

*Bang!* *Ouch* and a *long grunt* was all Corporal Levi hear, as he carried two cups of tea in his hands, and stepping toward his desk.

He puts your cup of tea down on your side of the desk, and walks toward his side as he looks down at you.

Levi chuckled softly, his shoulder shaking lightly with amusement.

You peek through the crack from your slightly closed eyes because of the pain.

From his feet to his face, as you held your head with your left hand. Supporting yourself on the ground with the other.

You quickly opened your eyes wider, as you see Corporal Levi smile for the first time.

However, the smile was short lived, as Levi took a sip of his tea.

He placed his cup on his desk, as you looked down from the throbbing pain pounding at your head.

The hand that held your aching head went to the edge of the mahogony table, to support yourself as you try to get up.

Levi kneel down in front of you and lay his hand gently on top of your head, rubbing the aching spot at the same time, as he guide you.

"Thank Y..", you start to say but was cut off guard

His hand had caressed gently down from the top to the back of your head.

Instead on guiding your head out from under the table, it was pulled foward

With your knees and hands planted on the ground to keep yourself from falling

You feel his soft lip on yours.

You can taste the tea that he just drank.

*It's a short chapter today, Ch. 4. is out ;) Thanks for reading <3 Thank you for those who voted. <3 * -- Eikoko