Ch.15: Recover

You had been caught in a fever for the past few days, laying lazily in your bed.

Turning your head to the window, looking at the evening sunlight seeping through the lightly see through current.
Everyone has been busy since the capturing of the bandits and their loots.
You had slowly but gradually recover from your fever, just feeling weak from the inactivity of your body.
Hearing a soft knock on your door, you only stare at it as you feel too lazy to respond.
Petra's head peeks in, closing the door behind her as she comes in. She sits on the edge of your bed.
"Are you feeling better?" Petra asks
"Yes.." You pull yourself up to a sitting position.The now not so cold towel flops onto your lap from your forehead, " I feel like my muscles are deteriorating.."
Petra puts a new cold towel on forehead, pushing your head with it,telling you to lean back. " I'm sure you'll be back on your feet in no time" she smiles encouragingly. She left as quickly as she came.

About 5 minutes after...

You were sitting on your bed, daydreaming.
When you hear the second knock on your door. "Is today the day where everyone comes to visit the sick?" You thought to yourself as you stare unamusingly at the door.

Hange comes strolling in, looking at the glass bottle on your nightstand,that she had given to you a few days back.
" Eh? You still haven't tried it yet?" She takes a cup and pours some into it. She hands the cup to you and grins,"It might help with the muscle weakness." You take the cup, placing the rim to your lip, as you thought, " it"might",she sounds like she's so eager to see the side effects to happen on her genuine pigs" you gulp it down nonetheless. It taste just like water but with a hint of sweetness. "Drink more~" she hands you another cup. She stands there, not budging , you had no other choice but gulp down the second cup.
Your're not going to deny it though, somehow you really did feel better after drinking that unknown liquid, that Hange has yet to tell you what is in it.
" .....what is this?" You look into the empty cup.
Hange grins at you, " For now, I can't tell you."
"Huh? Why not..Shouldn't I get to know what I'm drinking at least" you look up at Hange who's upper part of her face have a shade of shadow as she grins at you. You froze and swallows , not daring to say anymore.
"Just tell me the result when you feel anything." Her expression went back to normal, then literally skips out of your room.
You lean over , laying your belly on your crossed legs. Your arms stretch out in front of you, and your head turn to the side, watching her skip happily out your room, closing the door behind her.
"Oh god.. There must be some unknown side effects to these things.." You mutter as you bury your face onto the comforter,you let go of the empty cup in your hand,letting lay of its side.
After a few seconds of zoning out.
You put the cup onto the night stand and roll out of bed. Holding onto the bedroom wall for support as you go into the bathroom to brush your teeth.
You stare at the bathtub for the longest time you've ever had, as your head slowly processes your thought, " maybe I should take a bath."
Opening your closet you pick out clean undies,long sleeve shirt and comfy pants , and grab a large towel from the bottom drawer.
After filling the tub with warm water, you get undress and lay lazily in it, watching the steam rising to the white ceiling. Dipping your head in then out of the warm water to clear your head.
You didn't hear the knock at your front door, until you hear a few voices coming in.
"Eh? She's not here."
" She might be in the bathroom."
"Look the light is on."
You stare at the door, the lock to be more exact. Great you forgot to lock the door.
"What" two of them said simultanously.
" what if..what if she drowns in the bathtub!"
" What?!"
"No, dude."
" It won't hurt to check, what if she really did drown in the tub. You know some sick people can do unexpected things."
The door knob rattles then your bathroom door flings. In comes Jean bragging in, one foot stepping inside the bathroom and the other one just outside.
Both of you stare at each other.
" Or you just want to see her naked..since we've been on the expedition, you haven't seen her for awhile." Connie snickers childishly.
Jean whips his head to Connie who you can't see, standing just outside the door frame behind the wall. Jean's face beet red.
You slowly dip yourself into the water and said, " Drown in the tub, really? horse face ..."
"Horse face?! Hey, I was just worried about you.." Jean turns back to you,a vain pops on the side of his forehead, blushing.
"Oh~ he said it." Connie laughs while patting Jean's back like he just did something impressive.
" No, I mean I.." Jean stutters as his gaze shifts to other parts of the steamy bathroom.
You stare at Jean with a raise eyebrow, as you wait for Jean to finish his sentence. Which he couldn't. "Hmm.. If you're so worried, then be training buddy for the next three days, meet me at the field at 9 .tomorrow. I really need a good punching bag to get back in shape."You smirk at him, as your twirl your wrist, your hand making into a fist.
"Eh?" Is all Jean manage to say,before Ymir and Sasha comes into view as they barge into the room breathlessly. " Jean, you Perv." Sasha smacks the side of his head, as Ymir raises a hand apologaticly at you. The two of them,each covering one of Jean's eyes as he is pulled back. Follow by Historia saying " Get well soon~" smiling cutely as she said. You smile back in reply and gives her a slight wave with your wet hand, Historia closes the door.
Once again left in peace.